Windows 10: Password Protect Folder

Discus and support Password Protect Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to password protect a folder on my laptop? I mean I've found some tedious instructions with creating a text file but they dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Password Protect Folder

Is there an easy way to password protect a folder on my laptop? I mean I've found some tedious instructions with creating a text file but they dont seem to work.

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Jul 24, 2017

2. Password protection for folders

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set password for MS Edge favorite's folder.

I would like to let you know that you can't use a password to protect files and folders in Windows. However, some programs that run on Windows allow you to protect individual files with a password. For more information, check the Help for the program you're
    using.

I suggest that you use a password protected user account which will allow only you to access the files and folders on your computer.

You may also use your favorite search engine to search for any third party software which would accomplish your request.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of
    Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this answers your question. Post back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Password protect folders???

I have some very private photos on my phone (Dash) and have been looking with no luck for a way to password protect a folder containing these photos. I dont need to encrypt them (and don't want to), just password protect them so I can hand my phone to someone
    without worry. Has anyone found anything like this? I'll pay for an app that does this, but would prefer something free

Password Protect Folder [​IMG]

DEATHbyCARROT, Jul 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Password Protect Folder

Hi, it depends what you want, and how secure you want the outcome to be.

Veracrypt (sort of successor to/replaces Truecrypt - which still works but has been retired) - free- creates an encrypted container into which you can move files when that container is mounted as a drive.

Otherwise you can find a variety of programs simply by searching- you will need to check how secure these are.
    E.g.
    Best Free Folder Hiding Utility | Gizmo's Freeware
    5 Tools to Password Protect Your Folders in Windows | Digital Citizen

dalchina, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

Password Protect Folder

1. Password Protect Folder - Similar Threads - Password Protect Folder

2. Password protect a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password protect a folder: I want to password protect a folder but the option is greyed out.I did the Press Windows + R, typed services.mscDouble-click on Encrypting File System EFS, under General change the Startup type to Automatic.Hit Apply, then OK.Restarted your PCStill greyed outTried regedit but...
  3. Passwords Protect a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords Protect a folder: Hi, How to password protect a folder I'm windows 10? I mean to be able to access this folder a password must be entered 1st. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwords-protect-a-folder/3b4da16a-ddad-45db-82c4-95cc55290f19
  4. Password-protected Folders

Password-protected Folders: Hello everyone! Seeking for help from computer experts here. I have some confidential and 'personal' files in my laptop, but sometimes my workmates and siblings borrow my device. There was one time when someone borrowed it, then he made a file search and the computer...
  5. Protecting a folder with password

Protecting a folder with password: I have a folder on my PC {on a Desktop). I want to protect the folder with a password, so that unauthorized person even if they copied the file cannot open the folder without knowing the password Thanks Grigory...
  6. Password Protect a Folder?

Password Protect a Folder?: Is it possible to secure the contents of a folder in Windows 10 file manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect-a-folder/77a747c2-27de-4546-92f5-512d7db8bf7b"
  7. Password Protect Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protect Folders: Hello guys, I'm looking for the best way to Percypr my Folders with password with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect-folders/29c5fd72-09f3-4478-aa6b-d7656cf5f3e0"
  8. Password protected folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password protected folder: Hi, Is there any free third party app that allows to create a password protected folder in W10.....? Thanks, -BBDS 78173
  9. Protect Folder With Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protect Folder With Password: Trying to find normal software. Can't find anything good. I need software which gonna lock folder with password (NOT HIDE or move somewhere). Tried lots of softwares but nothing good. Why there is no normal software for things like this on Windows? For android mobile there...
  10. Password Protect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Password Protect Folders: I am trying to figure out how to password protect some work folders on my laptop that my girlfriend uses sometimes. She likes to snoop around and would rather not have her looking at my work documents. I tried to follow this guide but it doesn't seem to be working: How...