Windows 10: Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10

Discus and support Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use a shared computer on a shared account. We use Mail for Windows 10. Because of this, everyone's email accounts are visible to whoever is using the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeremyNWest, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10

I use a shared computer on a shared account. We use Mail for Windows 10. Because of this, everyone's email accounts are visible to whoever is using the app. Is there a way to protect our accounts with our account password so this does not happen?

:)

JeremyNWest, Aug 5, 2020

2. New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis.

I couldn't find a way of deleting the new account so looked at making it password protected but get a message " If you do this Administrator will lose all EFS-encripted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites and network resources".

I certainly don't feel comfortable having an admin account that anyone can access - especially by a hijacker.

What would anyone suggest - leave as is or password protect. Incidently, I did come across something that I could deactivate the account but, in my low tech knowledge, it would still be there for a hijacker to damage my computer.

Abstemious, Aug 5, 2020
  3. How do I delete an e-mail account and add it again in Windows 10 Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail and a box appear saying that my e-mail account and setting are outdated! I never knew and e-mail account can be outdated etc when you're always using it etc. I have ahd this e-mail for so many years now. Another box appeared with
    my e-mail on it and a box to type in my password to verify my account. I typed in my password but it couldnt verify it. So, the next suggested the box had was for me delete my e-mail acount and add it back again. How do I go about doing this? Please list rhe
    step by steps please. Thanks!

SAMSON JOE, Aug 5, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10

New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

run "control userpasswords2" and post image.

cereberus, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10

1. Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password Protect Account

2. Password protect a folder in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protect a folder in Windows 10: Please share steps to password protect a folder in Windlows 10, As the encrpyted contest check box to follow the steps is greyed out and I am unable to check it....
  3. Mail Account Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Account Passwords: I am attempting to enter email accounts on another device. When I try to get the passwords from the Mail account in windows 10, all I get is 16 dots. Is there a way to view what these passwords actually are?...
  4. Why aren't password protected folders password protected in Windows 10 pro?

Why aren't password protected folders password protected in Windows 10 pro?: I went through all the steps, my folder has a locked icon on it but I can open it up without a password. Every single YouTube video shows third-party software. I paid for Windows 10 pro it's supposed to have password protected folders. does it have password protected folders...
  5. Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.

Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.: Hi, I recently decided to switch from a third-party software over to Microsoft Mail the windows app, NOT outlook. When I went to add an e-mail account, though, it wasn't syncing any of my inbox. I decided to check, and sure enough, the app was saving a different password...
  6. Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10: I added an old AOL account to my Window 10 mailboxes. I then changed the password. Now the autofill function in windows 10 reverts to my old password. I have tried deleting the account and readding, I have cleared cookies....help please...
  7. Windows Defender Account Protection sign in wont recognise my password

Windows Defender Account Protection sign in wont recognise my password: I have tried several times to sign into the account protection to set it up on a new computer but it will not recognise my password. I have also tried resetting password and changing it but I get the same response as below: Correlation Id: edbc602843070002ce94bced0743d601...
  8. Protect My Password

Protect My Password: Split from this thread. Hi there, I request to protect my password, but didn't allow me to apply. protect my identification from scam and spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protect-my-password/495698cd-0ab8-47e4-94aa-6a9f804216a2
  9. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  10. New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

in Windows 10 Support
    New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected: Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis. I couldn't...