Windows 10: Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

Discus and support Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not want to log in to use my computer every time I boot up or even when it has gone to sleep , how do I stop this requirement?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DDT1954, Oct 18, 2019.

1. DDT1954 Win User

Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

I do not want to log in to use my computer every time I boot up or even when it has gone to sleep , how do I stop this requirement?

:)

DDT1954, Oct 18, 2019

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Change password required every time I log in

Hi,

my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message..

1. "The user's password must be changed before signing in"
    2. It pops up the new password and confirm password box
    3. then i can enter the same or new password
    4. It says changing password, then your password has been updated.
    5. it then logs me on.
    However, i have to go through this process every time i start.

The 5 steps in your message do not work as when i get to the advanced tab it says this option is not available and to go to control panel and change user passwords there. In control panel, settings, accounts,
    sign in options i have changed the Require sign-in to Never but it still asks me next time i shutdown and turn on.

chadfoster1, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

Password Protected Sharing, Password required is an old password.

I want to see files on a W10 computer from a W7 computer via WiFi or Ethernet LAN.

Advance Sharing Settings:

Windows 10 and Windows 7, File Sharing, Password Protected Sharing is "On" for both computers. No "User group" is setup on either computer.

Steps:

I use "Windows Explorer" on W7 to navigate to W10 through "Network" in navigation pane.

W10 and "Users" are visible on W7.

When I click on the desired user, the following popup opens:

"Enter Network Password"

"Enter your password to connect to:W10"

When I enter L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and CURRENT password, it is rejected. Files and folders on W10 are not shared.

When I enter L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and OLD
    password, it is accepted. Files and folders on W10 are shared.

I expected the required password to be the same as I use to log directly into W10; the
    CURRENT password. How can I update the required password to be the current password?

Regards,

Paul Bristol

Paul L Bristol, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

1. Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process - Similar Threads - Password protected comp

2. how do i stop process bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop process bar: I have 2 drives on My windows 10 Pc Drive C main Drive D when ever i delete a file fold from either of this drives I get a a process bar for the recycle bin. Which i do not member getting before i had one of your tech preform an in place upgrade using media creation tool. Is...
  3. how do i stop process bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop process bar: I have 2 drives on My windows 10 Pc Drive C main Drive D when ever i delete a file fold from either of this drives I get a a process bar for the recycle bin. Which i do not member getting before i had one of your tech preform an in place upgrade using media creation tool. Is...
  4. how do i stop process bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I password protect a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  6. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  7. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  8. Log in requires password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...