Windows 10: password protected files that i dont remember creating

Discus and support password protected files that i dont remember creating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey, recently i ran a scan with my antivirus (bitdefender) and found out that it couldnt scan some files because they are password protected, the thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpookyStranger, Aug 3, 2020.

1. password protected files that i dont remember creating

hey, recently i ran a scan with my antivirus (bitdefender) and found out that it couldnt scan some files because they are password protected, the thing is that i dont remember ever password protecting any of those files (or directly interacting with them in any way) the files are found within the drivers folder in the windows folder. should i be worried?

submitted by /u/SpookyStranger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpookyStranger, Aug 3, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remembering Password Protected Files

Unfortunately, there is no such feature that I am aware of, but maybe you could make a main file which contains passwords for all of the files, and password protect it with a unique and memorable password that you guys cannot forget? I might sound stupid
    to some by suggesting this, but for me it works. I started password protecting some sensitive files when I ran across this: Data Protection: Download a Free Trial of WinZip and
    just for my safety I have different passwords for all my files each, because sometimes I share one password protected file with one person and tell them the password, and if I had the same, that one person would be able to open all the files that I have, so
    that doesn't make sense, nor is it safe. Why do I password protect them anyway if they are all the same, correct?

RickyKingston, Aug 3, 2020
  4. wrbird Win User

password protected files that i dont remember creating

How to Create Password Protected Zip Files

Does anyone know how to create a password protected zip file on WP8.1? I see apps that can create zip files, also open password protected zip files, but not any that can create password protected zip files.

wrbird, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

password protected files that i dont remember creating

1. password protected files that i dont remember creating - Similar Threads - password protected files

2. i dont remember my password of windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i dont remember my password of windows hello: hello when i try to join in my new pc with my microsoft account the computer request the password of windows hello but i dont remember the password of my last computer and i am not sure about which is the password that my pc is requesting to me. if someone can help me thank...
  3. i dont remember my password of windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont remember my password of windows hello: hello when i try to join in my new pc with my microsoft account the computer request the password of windows hello but i dont remember the password of my last computer and i am not sure about which is the password that my pc is requesting to me. if someone can help me thank...
  4. i dont remember my password of windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can login to my computer but dont remember my admin password. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can login to my computer but dont remember my admin password. Help?: I can login passed the windows screensaver using a 6 digit code but I dont remember my admin user password. Any way to reset for free? submitted by /u/GuerroCanelo [link] [comments]...
  6. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  7. I can't password protect files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't password protect files.: When I get to advanced options, my computer won't allow me the option to password protect files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-password-protect-files/b35f833a-fe2a-485d-8ab6-2863d5e6a8b8
  8. Password-protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  9. password protecting mp4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    password protecting mp4 files: Can I password-protect an .mp4 file in WIN 10? If not, where can I find a trusted app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protecting-mp4-files/6ba23ad1-2f26-4801-92cf-efb820dfa0ef"
  10. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...