Windows 10: Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.

Discus and support Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently acquired a cache of musical equipment and instruments and with it were several electronic controllers that require software to operate them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesCarmichael2, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.

I recently acquired a cache of musical equipment and instruments and with it were several electronic controllers that require software to operate them. Along with the equipment there were 2 computers used for running the programs for the controllers. I found one of the programs needed on the Mac ProBook that was not password protected. I have to assume that the other two programs that I need are on the HP windows machine. I can access the windows 10 Administrator account on this computer but it will not let me look at the programs installed as administrator. It keeps telling me that I do not have permission to see programs. Any suggestions?

:)

JamesCarmichael2, Dec 12, 2018
  2. alilpup13 Win User

need help getting into my hp envy password and it won't let

I need help getting into a hp envy sleekbook as I forgot my password and I can't access my computer. .and suggestions

alilpup13, Dec 12, 2018
  3. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2018
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.

1. Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use. - Similar Threads - Password protected laptop

2. I have a hp stream laptop and I powered it I p and it wants administrator password but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a hp stream laptop and I powered it I p and it wants administrator password but...: I have a streamhp laptop I turned it on and it goes directly to wanting a administrator pw which is fine but keyboard seems to be locked up I don't know what's up with it...
  3. I have a hp stream laptop and I powered it I p and it wants administrator password but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a hp stream laptop and I powered it I p and it wants administrator password but...: I have a streamhp laptop I turned it on and it goes directly to wanting a administrator pw which is fine but keyboard seems to be locked up I don't know what's up with it...
  4. Able to access a password protected webdav using Edge browser, but unable to mount as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Able to access a password protected webdav using Edge browser, but unable to mount as...: I have set up a webdav on a remote linux server which I can access by providing username and password through the Edge browserBut I am unable to mount as a network drive - the credentials I give the same as in Edge are never accepted...
  5. Able to access a password protected webdav using Edge browser, but unable to mount as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Able to access a password protected webdav using Edge browser, but unable to mount as...: I have set up a webdav on a remote linux server which I can access by providing username and password through the Edge browserBut I am unable to mount as a network drive - the credentials I give the same as in Edge are never accepted...
  6. Able to access a password protected webdav using Edge browser, but unable to mount as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I want to protect my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to protect my laptop: Split from this thread. I want to protect my laptop machine ,so give some protect and my laptop will be strong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-want-to-protect-my-laptop/d21550b5-ca85-4e83-ad46-d5696b28a33e
  8. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  9. Want to stop using password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to stop using password: When I start my computer I have to enter a password. I would like to be able to stop doing this and be able to go straight into my computer without having to type in a password. Does anyone know how this can be done? 70457
  10. Want to stop using password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to stop using password: How do I change my logon options so that I do not have to use either a password or PIN#? 31715