Windows 10: password protected locked screen

Discus and support password protected locked screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on, I have to enter my Microsoft password to start Windows. How do I turn this off?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThomasFroehlich1, Aug 21, 2019.

1. password protected locked screen

When I turn my computer on, I have to enter my Microsoft password to start Windows. How do I turn this off?

:)

ThomasFroehlich1, Aug 21, 2019

2. Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Password protected screen lock application

I need a screen lock software which locks the phone screen with password protection. Which means, screen lock/unlock should be made only on entering password..
    I searched for many screen locker apps, but no one comes with password protection..
    Pls give me a password protected screen locker app..
    I need a screen lock software which locks the phone screen with password protection. Which means, screen lock/unlock should be made only on entering password..

I searched for many screen locker apps, but no one comes with password protection..

Pls give me a password protected screen locker app..

Jobin---01, Aug 21, 2019
  4. password protected locked screen

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

password protected locked screen

1. password protected locked screen - Similar Threads - password protected locked

2. Lock screen password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen password not working: I was watching a YouTube guide on how to remove the lock screen sign in screen but now my password doesn't work at all and I can't sign in and Itry resetting my password but it asks for some reset disc. I really don't understand and need help...
  3. Lock screen password not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen password not working: I was watching a YouTube guide on how to remove the lock screen sign in screen but now my password doesn't work at all and I can't sign in and Itry resetting my password but it asks for some reset disc. I really don't understand and need help...
  4. Lock screen password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Lock or password protect an item on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock or password protect an item on the taskbar?: Hi, just wondering if this kind of function is available in windows 10. I want to be able to have - lets say Firefox or chrome open, but when minimizes it locks and needs a password to be maximized and viewed again, just for the sake of privacy. submitted by /u/DrBlue22...
  6. Uninstalling internet lock = a password-protected program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling internet lock = a password-protected program: Hi many years ago i installed a program called internet lock through installation steps the program needed a password so i gave it a password i leave the program and didnt use it until now i need to uninstall it but i dont remember the password so i tried to delete...
  7. Locked out at password screen

Locked out at password screen: I have an HP 14cd110. I was hospitalized and someone changed my login from a PIN to unknown password. Don't know what answers to ?s are. Tried every combo I could think of. No luck. so I went into the recovery portion getting in by shifting during boot. looked like it was...
  8. screen lock pin/password

screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  9. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  10. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777