Windows 10: Password protected sharing over Network sharing

Discus and support Password protected sharing over Network sharing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can we turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing,thank you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilNeil1, Feb 20, 2020.

1. NeilNeil1 Win User

Password protected sharing over Network sharing

How can we turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing,thank you

:)

NeilNeil1, Feb 20, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing is not there

Hi Ankit,

Is this the exact process/steps you are using?

Open Control Panel

Go to Network and Sharing Center

Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane

Expand the network you want to disable password protected sharing on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile

Select 'Turn off password protected sharing' and then click Save changes.

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. We recommend you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn on password protected sharing over a network.

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click on Change advanced sharing settings on the left pane.

4. Expand All Networks profile.

5. Check the radio button behind Turn on password protected sharing.

6. Click on Save changes.

We also recommend you to refer
    Files Sharing over a network in Windows 10
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Password protected sharing over Network sharing

SHARING: PASSWORD PROTECTED SHARING

Windows 10 64-bit.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings>All Networks

Stuck on "Turn on password protected sharing." Will not change.

Bob Kluckhohn, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Password protected sharing over Network sharing

1. Password protected sharing over Network sharing - Similar Threads - Password protected sharing

2. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  3. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  4. Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on: Hi allIm trying to share network files on my server with different rights to different users.This requires, if i understand it correctly that password protected sharing is on.But the problem is that when i turn it on i cant access the shared folder even if i enter the correct...
  5. Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on: Hi allIm trying to share network files on my server with different rights to different users.This requires, if i understand it correctly that password protected sharing is on.But the problem is that when i turn it on i cant access the shared folder even if i enter the correct...
  6. Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  7. Turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing.

Turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing.: how do I set up a password for netwotk sharing? ***Modified Title from: How do I set up a password for network sharing*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-password-protected-sharing-over-network/04c4ee71-adcd-45ea-90be-e35904259e1e
  8. Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...: Hi support team I want to turn off the password protected sharing on my PC. So, the other users available on the same network can access my shared folder without entering any user credentials. To do that I entered into the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and...
  9. password protected sharing

password protected sharing: I can't turn it off. I know how it's supposed to work. I turn it off, click "save changes" but it doesn't turn off. I can't use the local users and groups snap in with my version of windows 10. I have tried the registry edit method mentioned elsewhere. That did not work....
  10. Network share ignores password protected sharing

Network share ignores password protected sharing: I am trying to make a shared folder on my network that is only accessible to me and cannot be viewed by other users.When I create the share, no matter how I set permissions, the folder becomes accessible to everyone on the network. This is the case whether I use a homegroup...