Windows 10: Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

Discus and support Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I get a update on windows 10, I cannot sign into my computer. I sometimes have to change my password but this time it gave me another drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AliciaMarkum, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

After I get a update on windows 10, I cannot sign into my computer. I sometimes have to change my password but this time it gave me another drive to find my password on. I upgraded my friends computer also and the same problem.

:)

AliciaMarkum, Jul 18, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

Windows 10 Sign On Password Protected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If your referring to sign in password then Check and verify if you have unchecked the correct option under correct user in netplwiz. Follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.

• Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. ss

• Select the User account you are using under the
      User
      tab.

• Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on
      Apply.

Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

It is also applies to windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

1. Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update? - Similar Threads - Password protected sign

2. Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.: I just got a new PC, and I forgot to add a password before signing out. Now, it shows a "sign in" option under the picture. When I click it, it doesn't sign me into the software. Any way I can combat this?...
  3. Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.: I just got a new PC, and I forgot to add a password before signing out. Now, it shows a "sign in" option under the picture. When I click it, it doesn't sign me into the software. Any way I can combat this?...
  4. Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/: This is quite straight forward, but I'm annoyed with my computer. I never set it up to require a password to sign in, only a PIN. And I have Users must enter a username and password to use this PC. but it shouldn't be asking me for a password at all, only my PIN....
  5. Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/: This is quite straight forward, but I'm annoyed with my computer. I never set it up to require a password to sign in, only a PIN. And I have Users must enter a username and password to use this PC. but it shouldn't be asking me for a password at all, only my PIN....
  6. Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password: Is there any resolution to a problem where Windows 10 will not login after entering the password? There is no indication that there is anything wrong with the password and it worked fine until it didn't. Have gone through all the options in system recovery safe mode etc....
  8. Windows 10: Sign In - Account Protection

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10: Sign In - Account Protection: Hello! I'm getting a notification from my windows defender to sign in with my microsoft account to get "enhanced security" and "other benefits". Do I actually "unlock" security benefits by simply logging in or this is a general statement in regards to being connected to...
  9. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).: When I bought my HP Envy DT two years ago, I also joined the Win 10 Build Community. This is the FOURTH time that Win 10 has done updates and then fails to recognize my boot password and allow me to boot to windows. As this is an ongoing problem, WHY hasn't MS come up with a...
  10. fresh start windows 10, account sign in after updating password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fresh start windows 10, account sign in after updating password: Windows is asking for current password to complete sign in process. Pin was set up long ago, and password has not been used in some time and I've forgotten it. How do I get past this step?...