Windows 10: Password Protecting a Zipped folder

Discus and support Password Protecting a Zipped folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So it seems that the only folder that windows lets you lock on Windows 10 is a Zipped folder, but when i go into Properties of the folder and try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack660, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jack660 Win User

Password Protecting a Zipped folder

So it seems that the only folder that windows lets you lock on Windows 10 is a Zipped folder, but when i go into Properties of the folder and try to select encrypt its faded out and cannot be selected? Please help?

:)

Jack660, Jul 13, 2020

2. Password protect a zip-folder

Hi
    DettePJ_7

You could set a password to a zip folder using a program like 7-Zip.

• Download it from
      here
      & install it
    • Select the folder that you want to protect with a password
    • Right-click on the folder > 7-Zip >
      Add to archive...
    • Insert the password that you'd like to apply under Encryption and click
      OK
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Jul 13, 2020
  3. DettePJ_7 Win User
    Password protect a zip-folder

Hi, I have Windows 10.

How do I password protect a zip folder?

DettePJ_7, Jul 13, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

Password protecting Folders

I am building a machine for my friend and he was asking me to create folders and password protect it. How do I do in XP pro? Is there a built in tool or should I rely on third party tool? if so anything free out there?

Thanks for the help.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Password Protecting a Zipped folder - Similar Threads - Password Protecting Zipped

2. Cannot password protect zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot password protect zip file: I would like to password protect a zip file, yet the option to encrypt is not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-password-protect-zip-file/0a4dd5a8-8a71-4600-98f4-d815024fb702
  3. Cannot password protect zip file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot password protect zip file: I would like to password protect a zip file, yet the option to encrypt is not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-password-protect-zip-file/0a4dd5a8-8a71-4600-98f4-d815024fb702
  4. Cannot password protect zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10: Article in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-password-protect-a-zipped-folder-in/34f35561-a6a8-492e-96f4-175a218aeb32 does not answer where to provide the password!...
  6. Password Protected ZIP Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protected ZIP Files: I have some password protected ZIP files. When I open them the first time I have to enter the password. However, if it has been opened and closed, it does not ask for a password when I open it again. That is unacceptable to me. There is a reason why I have passwords on these...
  7. Protecting a folder with password

Protecting a folder with password: I have a folder on my PC {on a Desktop). I want to protect the folder with a password, so that unauthorized person even if they copied the file cannot open the folder without knowing the password Thanks Grigory...
  8. Password Protect Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protect Folders: Hello guys, I'm looking for the best way to Percypr my Folders with password with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect-folders/29c5fd72-09f3-4478-aa6b-d7656cf5f3e0"
  9. Unzipping password protected Zip files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Unzipping password protected Zip files issue: I've been trying to find a definitive answer to this question on the internet but can't seem to find one! Can you unzip a password protected Zip file in Windows 10 without using third-party software? The reason for asking is because a colleague of mine is sending these zip...
  10. Protect Folder With Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protect Folder With Password: Trying to find normal software. Can't find anything good. I need software which gonna lock folder with password (NOT HIDE or move somewhere). Tried lots of softwares but nothing good. Why there is no normal software for things like this on Windows? For android mobile there...