Windows 10: Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

Discus and support Password rejected in startup troubleshooter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a stupid software I installed to change my icons,I ended in a boot loop. I went in startup troubleshooter but every option needs account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyb3rphr33k, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

After a stupid software I installed to change my icons,I ended in a boot loop. I went in startup troubleshooter but every option needs account verification. I use my Microsoft account with pin to look into windows. I enter my mail account password but it says it is incorrect. I have taken a system restore before installing that software but I can't get in the damn thing. Even cmd needs password. The file I need to change is in System32. I don't want to reinstall everything Password rejected in startup troubleshooter :(

submitted by /u/cyb3rphr33k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyb3rphr33k, Nov 18, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

1. Password rejected in startup troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Password rejected startup

2. system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password: This for over a week. I get a message to type a1b2c3 to try again, but any PIN I enter will be judged incorrect, likewise any password. I changed these because system wouldn't recognize old ones, but it does recognize new ones either....
  3. system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password: This for over a week. I get a message to type a1b2c3 to try again, but any PIN I enter will be judged incorrect, likewise any password. I changed these because system wouldn't recognize old ones, but it does recognize new ones either....
  4. New password rejected on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New password rejected on HP laptop: Recently changed my password for Microsoft 365. Received confirmation via email that the password was updated. Now I'm unable to log into my account on an HP laptop. I'm able to access my account on my wife's Surface Pro laptop but unable to log in with my laptop. I receive a...
  5. New password rejected on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New password rejected on HP laptop: Recently changed my password for Microsoft 365. Received confirmation via email that the password was updated. Now I'm unable to log into my account on an HP laptop. I'm able to access my account on my wife's Surface Pro laptop but unable to log in with my laptop. I receive a...
  6. Msconfig deleted . Laptop rejects password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Msconfig deleted . Laptop rejects password: Hello - the msconfig was disabled all of them int he system .and now we can’t sign into to the computer - it does not recognise the password - I have changed the password on other devices but the laptop still does not recognise the password . What do we do ? We have tried...
  7. Can't boot after disabling bitlocker on Home. Startup repair rejects password and USB...

Can't boot after disabling bitlocker on Home. Startup repair rejects password and USB...: Hi, I am helping a family member with their Windows 10 Home Dell laptop because they are having a very strange series of issues. The laptop came with bitlocker turned on by Dell despite being Windows Home, but I was able to help them decrypt the drive and disable bitlocker...
  8. STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING: Hi! Help me pls. After opening my laptop its asking me to choose an option. Its either troubleshoot or turn off your laptop. If i choose turnoff its still the same nothing happen. Itried the advance option "startup repair", "system restore", "uninstall updates" and "system...
  9. Locked out of Win 10 by password reject

Locked out of Win 10 by password reject: I did not change my password. I tried to go to safe mode to fix a problem. Now it won't accept my password and I am locked out because I cannot get into safe mode and it won't let me go back to regular mode. What might cause this, and what can I do about it so I can get...
  10. Live Mail Password Rejection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail Password Rejection: My wife and I have separate email accounts with talktalk accessed via Live Mail. My account throws up 0x800CCC90 but hers continues to work perfectly. No settings have been changed. What's happening? I am using POP3 but when I try to change to IMAP although the POP3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 safe mode password rejected