Windows 10: Password removal on Win 10

Discus and support Password removal on Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently one of my friends dad passed and they had no way to use his laptop so they gave me it to me and I was wondering is it possible to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DistortedFoil3, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Password removal on Win 10

Recently one of my friends dad passed and they had no way to use his laptop so they gave me it to me and I was wondering is it possible to get the password off of it without wiping the SSD that way I could send her any files that was on it before I wipe the drive.

:)

DistortedFoil3, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Password removal on Win 10

How to remove password in windows 10 home basic

Hi Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that password is very important securing the computer and preventing unauthorized access to the computer.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remove password in windows 10", are you referring that you don't want to enter the password when you boot to the computer or completely removing the password for your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

If you do not want to enter the password after logging in from sleep mode, I suggest you to follow the steps below to select don't require a password in the power option and check if it helps

1.Click on
    Search bar.

2. Type "Power options" without the quotes in Search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on require a password on wakeup
    option.

4. Now Click on change settings that are currently unavailable

(if the option doesn't appear refer to the next step).

5. Click on don’t require a password.

6. Click on save changes.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing the password in Windows 10,
    we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Password removal on Win 10

1. Password removal on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Password removal

2. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  3. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  4. How do I remove "To continue, enter an admin username and password" when allowing this app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove "To continue, enter an admin username and password" when allowing this app...: Hello,I am facing a problem when trying to run as an administrator on a computer that is managed by the school's. It says "To continue, enter an admin username and password". When I try to type my username and password, it won't grant access, and gives me the message "The...
  5. How do I remove "To continue, enter an admin username and password" when allowing this app...

How do I remove "To continue, enter an admin username and password" when allowing this app...: Hello,I am facing a problem when trying to run as an administrator on a computer that is managed by the school's. It says "To continue, enter an admin username and password". When I try to type my username and password, it won't grant access, and gives me the message "The...
  6. How do I remove "To continue, enter an admin username and password" when allowing this app...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...: I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options to remove is grayed out therefore i cannot select this option....
  8. I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...

I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...: I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options to remove is grayed out therefore i cannot select this option....
  9. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  10. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...