Windows 10: Password request

Discus and support Password request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MargaretDay3, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Password request

I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function

:)

MargaretDay3, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Requesting password

Hi,

We suggest that you reset your password and check if the issue persists. We also suggest that you perform the steps on this
    link.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 6, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Password request

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Password request

1. Password request - Similar Threads - Password request

2. Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password: Safe mode is not recognizing any functions. Is there a work around off line because it seems it requires the internet but it isn't responding to the Wi-Fi. I have tried shutting it down nothing responds. It loads right back to the safe mode screen with my profile needing the...
  3. Windows 10 Hyper-V Requests Password After Disabling Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hyper-V Requests Password After Disabling Password: I have a Virtual Machine - Hyper-V under my Windows 10 box. Everytime the box boots, it asks for a password. I've used netplwiz to uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" I've edited the registry to contain the DefaultUserName,...
  4. Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app: Using Windows 10 OK for many years: For the last several days, a window has frequently popped up on my screen saying “Password required for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and “We are unable to complete your request.” The source is identified as Microsoft /...
  5. Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request

Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request: I have recently had the need to start my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. At a certain point in the safe mode startup I am asked for a password. I entered my Microsoft Account password, which is the one I use to unlock my computer, but it would not accept this password....
  6. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  7. Email Server requesting password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Server requesting password: 4 days a go my email stopped working. I was prompted for password however it still did not restart email. So I ended up doing a recovery and email started to work again. Here we are today and back it not working. Please advise. Note I do not receive emails so any updates on...
  8. Inconsistent Password requests instead of PIN

Inconsistent Password requests instead of PIN: Since the 1809 update, my PCs have an issue where most of the time software installs / modifications require the admin PIN (my preferred approach), and occasionally I am required to enter the admin Password instead, without any option for the PIN. This had never happened...
  9. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

turn off password request when screen in sleep mode: have difficulty in having my pc start up when in sleep mode, screen for password does not appear so O'm thinking remove the password requirement when in sleep mode and just a keystroke or mouse movement to start, happy to leave password for initial start up …. any ideas/...
  10. RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Requesting only a password, no username.: I have kind of a wierd one I think, I haven't been able to find an answer or solution, so I'm hoping someone here has a solution. On my domain workstation, whenever I go to connect to a server over RDP, I get this stupid box: [img] Now, I can click 'more options', and...