Windows 10: Password request

Discus and support Password request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MargaretDay3, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Password request

I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function

:)

MargaretDay3, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Requesting password

Hi,

We suggest that you reset your password and check if the issue persists. We also suggest that you perform the steps on this
    link.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 6, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Password request

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Password request

1. Password request - Similar Threads - Password request

2. Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere: Hello, Whoever develops or thinks about user experience for Microsoft windows, and excuse my french but is a **** dimwit who can't even think for himself. After spending 20 minutes every single **** time when I reinstall Windows to find info how to login automatically,...
  3. Computer UAC password request setup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer UAC password request setup?: How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer. Computer UAC Passwortabfrage einrichten?
  4. How to disable password and pin request?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable password and pin request?: I updated to the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Before this update, I could disable PIN in the settings. But I cannot find this function now. I don’t want to change registry....
  5. Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition: Have had my HP Envy for 6 months and the OS is windows 10 Home edition. On Tuesday the screen went blue asking for the 48 digit Bitlocker Key code. I never set that up and This edition should not have that installed. I went to the CMD Prompt to view all Key Protectors and...
  6. I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...

I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...: I tried to use netplwiz to prevent my pc asking for a password when I start using it. Previously, it did not ask for a password on Windows 10. But now it does. I used netplwiz and found that the box that determines this is already unchecked! Is this something to do with the...
  7. Password Reset Code Requests

Password Reset Code Requests: I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day. Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in random numbers hoping for a match? Even if the chance is one in 10 million, if they are sending out 10 million requests a day,...
  8. Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account: Hi all, hope someone will be able to assist. Since upgrading to Win 10 Pro version 2004, Outlook keeps asking for my email POP passwords. After inserting passwords Outlook works as long as it stays open. Once closed or computer switched off and started up again, passwords...
  9. How to disable password and pin request when logging into Windows 10 latest version 2004?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable password and pin request when logging into Windows 10 latest version 2004?: Hello! Until the 2004 version, everything was simple: the PIN code is disabled in the Settings, the password is Win + R _ netplwiz, uncheck, etc. If you want to restore - repeat in the reverse order, but now this function is simply missing .. I can make changes to the...
  10. Password change request when working remotely

Password change request when working remotely: I'm currently working remotely VPN connection and I'm unable to log in, as its saying my password has expired. I'm unable to travel to access my office PC and change it - how do I change my password locally, so I can gain access remotely to my office PC?...