Windows 10: Password required after log off

Discus and support Password required after log off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kitpzyxmsir, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Password required after log off

Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested.

This unit never has been setup to ask for a password.

I have multiple internal ssd/hd drives. I generally leave all but one unplugged. When I do plug them in, what you see in the attachment also started happening around the same time. But if I just close the dialog, the computer boots up normally.

Password required after log off [​IMG]

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 29, 2021

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Password required after log off

Change password required every time I log in

Hi,

my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message..

1. "The user's password must be changed before signing in"
    2. It pops up the new password and confirm password box
    3. then i can enter the same or new password
    4. It says changing password, then your password has been updated.
    5. it then logs me on.
    However, i have to go through this process every time i start.

The 5 steps in your message do not work as when i get to the advanced tab it says this option is not available and to go to control panel and change user passwords there. In control panel, settings, accounts,
    sign in options i have changed the Require sign-in to Never but it still asks me next time i shutdown and turn on.

chadfoster1, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Password required after log off

1. Password required after log off - Similar Threads - Password required log

2. password required after waking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password required after waking: Hi there, My laptop now requires a password after waking from sleep mode, and it won't let me change this, despite me being the admin. I realize this is a security "feature", but it's unwanted, how can I remove this? Thanks for your help!!...
  3. Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In: Windows 10 Home, version 1909 Not computer savvy.. Filled in what I could find under my profile system specs.. Computer keeps taking me back to log in window after one minute of not being active.. So far I have: Clicked on Screen timeout settings and set the time limit...
  4. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  5. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  6. Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10

Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10: W 10 the screen is set to go blank after 30mins. It becomes re-active by hitting "any" key. i.e.the desktop appears and operations can resume However this morning I had to enter a password to activate the screen to get back to the desktop. This is a first. Can someone advise...
  7. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  8. Log in requires password

Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...