Windows 10: Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app

Discus and support Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 OK for many years: For the last several days, a window has frequently popped up on my screen saying “Password required for *** Email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveMont, Mar 15, 2019.

1. DaveMont Win User

Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app

Using Windows 10 OK for many years: For the last several days, a window has frequently popped up on my screen saying “Password required for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and “We are unable to complete your request.” The source is identified as Microsoft / account. It appears as often as every few minutes. The window can appear when I am not doing anything - just viewing my Desktop - or when I am in an app. I clear the window by clicking on the “X” and get a dialog box labeled “Account Set up.” The box asks if I want to cancel the authentication process (And I say Yes to exit.)

I can sign into my Microsoft account, and I do not see anything unusual. I changed my Microsoft password.

Can I find out WHAT my PC is trying to sign me into? How do I stop this notification?

:)

DaveMont, Mar 15, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app

Requesting password

Hi,

We suggest that you reset your password and check if the issue persists. We also suggest that you perform the steps on this
    link.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Password required and “We are unable to complete your request.” but no known app - Similar Threads - Password required “We

2. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  3. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  4. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error We are unable to complete your request at this time. Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error We are unable to complete your request at this time. Windows 11 Pro: Hello, trying to download the Windows 11 Disk Image ISOBut I keep getting this error: We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding...
  6. Error We are unable to complete your request at this time. Windows 11 Pro

Error We are unable to complete your request at this time. Windows 11 Pro: Hello, trying to download the Windows 11 Disk Image ISOBut I keep getting this error: We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding...
  7. Windows 11 23H2 ISO "We are unable to complete your request at this time"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 ISO "We are unable to complete your request at this time": I wanted to download Windows 11 23H2 directly by downloading the 23H2 ISO, and using Rufus to create a Bootable USB Drive. I did that because Windows 11 23H2 hasn't been added to the Media Creation Tool yet. But my internet speed was very slow last night, so I decided to use...
  8. Windows 11 23H2 ISO "We are unable to complete your request at this time"

Windows 11 23H2 ISO "We are unable to complete your request at this time": I wanted to download Windows 11 23H2 directly by downloading the 23H2 ISO, and using Rufus to create a Bootable USB Drive. I did that because Windows 11 23H2 hasn't been added to the Media Creation Tool yet. But my internet speed was very slow last night, so I decided to use...
  9. why iso download option show this Error We are unable to complete your request at this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why iso download option show this Error We are unable to complete your request at this...: ErrorWe are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or...
  10. why iso download option show this Error We are unable to complete your request at this...

why iso download option show this Error We are unable to complete your request at this...: ErrorWe are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or...