Windows 10: password required for phone link, use of phone

Discus and support password required for phone link, use of phone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Installed phone link between my laptop and phone and all working well for photos and messages but when trying to make a phone call from my laptop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jaxieO, Jul 1, 2022.

1. jaxieO Win User

password required for phone link, use of phone

Installed phone link between my laptop and phone and all working well for photos and messages but when trying to make a phone call from my laptop, it asks for a password and only the phone number pad is visible on laptop screen is usable. I did not create a phone password and cannot submit microsoft password with just phone numbers usable. what password is it asking for?

:)

jaxieO, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Kari, Jul 1, 2022
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 1, 2022
  4. BubbaW Win User

Stop Windows 10 from asking to link phone to computer

Besides Group Policy, what other ways have you tried ?
    Do you utilize Shared experiences, Share across devices ?

Unlink your phone from your PC running Windows 10, use these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Phone.
    • Click the Unlink this PC option. Unlink your phone from computer.
    • Click the Home button.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click on Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Select your phone.
    • Click the Remove device button.

BubbaW, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

1. password required for phone link, use of phone - Similar Threads - password required phone

2. How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?: Hello, It seems when I try to open phone link on my PC, it tells me that I need to first unlock my phone screen even though I have already connected my phone using Phone link the initial time. Just in case , my screen becomes unusable, is there anyway that I can enter my...
  3. How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?: Hello, It seems when I try to open phone link on my PC, it tells me that I need to first unlock my phone screen even though I have already connected my phone using Phone link the initial time. Just in case , my screen becomes unusable, is there anyway that I can enter my...
  4. Password Protect my phone link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Protect my phone link: I've been using Phone Link and couldn't find a way to set a password or temporarily lock the link. Additionally, I couldn't locate an option for a startup password. I'm curious if these security features are available or if there are plans to include them....
  5. Password Protect my phone link

Password Protect my phone link: I've been using Phone Link and couldn't find a way to set a password or temporarily lock the link. Additionally, I couldn't locate an option for a startup password. I'm curious if these security features are available or if there are plans to include them....
  6. Phone Link: Which Ports are required?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link: Which Ports are required?: Hi,Microsoft Phone Link: What TCP/UDP Ports does it run on? I want to troubleshoot my router.More detailMy PC and Mobile Phone are sometimes on different network segments, and sometimes on the same network segment EG: Wired network / WiFi / home / workWhenever my PC is...
  7. Phone Link: Which Ports are required?

Phone Link: Which Ports are required?: Hi,Microsoft Phone Link: What TCP/UDP Ports does it run on? I want to troubleshoot my router.More detailMy PC and Mobile Phone are sometimes on different network segments, and sometimes on the same network segment EG: Wired network / WiFi / home / workWhenever my PC is...
  8. Phone Link Using 2 Phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Using 2 Phones: Hi,I am using phone link and have linked 2 phones, both using the same microsoft account and both of them show up in the app. According to the directions, I can use both and just pick which one in the drop down. However, it only allows me to have 1 as the default, so I really...
  9. Phone Link Using 2 Phones

Phone Link Using 2 Phones: Hi,I am using phone link and have linked 2 phones, both using the same microsoft account and both of them show up in the app. According to the directions, I can use both and just pick which one in the drop down. However, it only allows me to have 1 as the default, so I really...
  10. password required for phone link, use of phone

password required for phone link, use of phone: Installed phone link between my laptop and phone and all working well for photos and messages but when trying to make a phone call from my laptop, it asks for a password and only the phone number pad is visible on laptop screen is usable. I did not create a phone password and...