Windows 10: Password Reset Code Requests

Discus and support Password Reset Code Requests in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day. Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ralph Trickey, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Password Reset Code Requests

I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day.

Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in random numbers hoping for a match? Even if the chance is one in 10 million, if they are sending out 10 million requests a day, that makes a match easy enough to do.

Is there any way to find out which IP is generating those requests to block it, to increase the digits I have to type in for a password request, or any other safeguards I can put in place?

Or is this a non-issue because of other protections MS has in place?

Ralph

:)

Ralph Trickey, Jun 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows password reset

Hello,

To understand the issue better, please share the information:

• Is the issue occurring while logging into the system or in any browser?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

To reset your Microsoft Account password, I suggest you to click on the link below and follow the steps.

Reset your password

Please get back to us with the requested information and get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Password Reset Code Requests

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Password Reset Code Requests

1. Password Reset Code Requests - Similar Threads - Password Reset Code

2. I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD: Split from this thread. I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT NAME IS SYED ABDULLAH SHAH NEW PASSWORD IS ADMIN123...
  3. I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD: Split from this thread. I REQUEST YOU TO RESET MY ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT PASSWORD ADMINISTATOR ACCOUNT NAME IS SYED ABDULLAH SHAH NEW PASSWORD IS ADMIN123...
  4. Password reset code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset code: I received an email from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> they sent me a password reset code. Why was this sent to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-code/a02bf7c8-4d1f-4388-a4e3-962b57f802de
  5. no password request on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no password request on startup: I have an up to date win10 64 system. To boot up after it go to sleep or power off it does not go to password request. It just sits there! I have to hit ctrl+alt+delete to get the password requested. Any ideas?...
  6. Password request

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Password request: MS keeps asking for my password every 2-3 minutes!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/8e8225c2-d7df-4b39-ac1e-8b21ede43707
  7. unrequested code to reset password message

unrequested code to reset password message: I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. I have never requested one. The address I am receiving it from is legit: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I checked my login activity from the last couple of months and the weirdest...
  8. Not Getting Code for Password Reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not Getting Code for Password Reset: Hi, I got a notification message on my Hotmail client that I needed to fix my account. I tried to log in to my microsoft account, and the password was rejected. I know that I typed it in correctly. So, I then tried to perform a password reset. I requested a reset code...
  9. Microsoft account Password reset code

Microsoft account Password reset code: I keep getting this e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. There is no explanation as to why I should need to reset my PW. I have no apparent reason to do this and wonder if there's something I need to understand....
  10. Password request

Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"