Windows 10: Password reset disk doesn’t work

Discus and support Password reset disk doesn’t work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When i put in my password reset disk and enter the new password i want to change it to, i press next and it says “An error occurred while the wizard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Davidhuynh3, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Password reset disk doesn’t work

When i put in my password reset disk and enter the new password i want to change it to, i press next and it says “An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account”. What can i do so that it will change my password

:)

Davidhuynh3, Jan 11, 2020
  2. RobGaal Win User

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Jan 11, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Password reset disk doesn’t work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Password reset disk doesn’t work

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Password reset disk doesn’t work

1. Password reset disk doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Password reset disk

2. Password expired and previous password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expired and previous password doesn’t work: Hi I have not changed or forgotten my password. When I try to sign in it says password expired…. And create a password reset disk. When I insert a usb it also say incorrect password when I try to put my password in the wizard. I am sure I remember my password. Plz fix it I...
  3. Password expired and previous password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password expired and previous password doesn’t work: Hi I have not changed or forgotten my password. When I try to sign in it says password expired…. And create a password reset disk. When I insert a usb it also say incorrect password when I try to put my password in the wizard. I am sure I remember my password. Plz fix it I...
  4. create a password reset disk is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a password reset disk is not working: When I try to open create password reset disk . It show nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk-is-not-working/5af9bf9f-0d0c-4482-83b1-6c6fad21a781
  5. Password page lock/reset not working/no reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password page lock/reset not working/no reset disk: My system auto fixed disk error and at re-start my previous password is no longer accepted. I do not have a password re-set disk. The page is frozen and I can't get to BIOS or anything else. Function keys not working. I can only power off/on....
  6. Reset option doesn’t wipe the disk!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset option doesn’t wipe the disk!!: Hi people, um Iam currently using windows 10 and I want to fully reset my pc and remove all personel files. So I go to settings and choose the option to fully reset removing all the files option. But after the reset it wipe only the C drive and didn’t touch any of the other...
  7. A password reset disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A password reset disk: Is it possible to create a password reset disk in Windows 10, version 1909? From every hint and comment I have seen this feature seems to have disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-password-reset-disk/80d79952-1a21-4038-a76c-50958bb62069
  8. Password reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset disk: How do I access the Forgotten Password Wizard as step 2 in Create a Password Reset Disk for Local Account? I'm following the procedure from Windows Help, Create a password reset disk for local account in Windows 10....
  9. Reset password disk

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset password disk: I found this amongst my emails this morning and am tempted to use it the only query I have is that as I have multiple machines would I need a separate stick for all of them or could the same stick be used on the other machine as long a I have the password used for each...
  10. Create password reset disk link not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create password reset disk link not working: I'm using Administrator account on my PC, when I click on "Create a password reset disk" nothing happens, what's the issue? or again it's Windows 10 thing!! *Confused 24520