Windows 10: Password Reset Error

Discus and support Password Reset Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I created a password reset disk, which when I used, said error, and I found out why it said that because I read a different forum based on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KoushikTalla, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Password Reset Error

So, I created a password reset disk, which when I used, said error, and I found out why it said that because I read a different forum based on my problem - it was because I created the password reset disk on a different Microsoft account then the one I'm trying to get into. But in the same forum, a Microsoft Employee said that "if you're logging into your laptop using a Microsoft account, you can go ahead and reset the password here". So I changed the password and a whole different screen came up once I tried logging into the laptop - it was a blue background with a rectangle asking for the cu

:)

KoushikTalla, Oct 19, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Window 10 Password Reset Disk Error

Dear All,

I am trying to create a Password Reset Disk for emergency cases. After creating one, I do some testings by trying to reset with newly created Password Reset Disk USB. I have encountered this error (below image). After one round of Googling, it seems to be the error appears if the Password Reset Disk is not matched with the account. But I am fully understand that I need to create Password Reset Disk using the account I want recover in the future (and I have only one account in my laptop anyway).

Then I try to create a new account, and do the same steps on new account. It works perfectly on new account, but not the original account that I have.

Background: I bought this laptop as the second hand, so the original account is the previous owner's account. After bought over, I change some basic info in that account, but not anything important so I assume the account is not corrupted. I don't want to abandon this account as it seems the subscribed Office is only available on this account.

Can you guys suggest any possible causes of this strange behavior of Password Reset Disk? Many thanks.

Error Image
    http://www.top-password.com/blog/wp-...eset-error.png

kiddokiddo, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Password Reset Error

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Password Reset Error

1. Password Reset Error - Similar Threads - Password Reset Error

2. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  3. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  4. Reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting password: Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question.I have a little Dell laptop that is 10 years old with Windows 7 installed that I would like to use in a local environment. So I really don't want or need to update the OS I should think. I have forgotten the password and...
  5. reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset password: i purchased a gateway nv53a laptop with windows 7 home premium and cannot logon due to not knowing the admin user login info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password/e9954b51-13bb-45e5-a118-13292560e359
  6. Password Reset Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Reset Error: So, I created a password reset disk, which when I used, said error, and I found out why it said that because I read a different forum based on my problem - it was because I created the password reset disk on a different Microsoft account then the one I'm trying to get into....
  7. Password Resetting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Resetting: Hello, I am using a Microsoft account on my laptop and I could log into my account using my fingerprint. However, I intend to know the password of my Windows account for some reason. I saw that my Windows password should be the same as my Microsoft account, but Windows is...
  8. Reset password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset password: I'm am currently getting emails that give me a code for resetting my password. Currently there is noone in my home doing it, so I have a feeling its someone trying to get into my account. Is there a way to stop this from happening?...
  9. Reset Password

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Password: My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work. They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper case,one lower case + symbols etc.) but they also say there must be one didgit, what do they mean by this? 138882
  10. Password reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset: Hi, Does the admin command "net user<username><new password> still work with windows 10 1903 Thank You 137552