Windows 10: Password reset for login

Discus and support Password reset for login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Have W10 version 21H2 Logon using pin and now realise do not know what password was. But have no option for reset my password on the logon page.David... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by David Hosein, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Password reset for login

Have W10 version 21H2 Logon using pin and now realise do not know what password was. But have no option for reset my password on the logon page.David

:)

David Hosein, Nov 23, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 23, 2022
  4. donnyb Win User

Password reset for login

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Password reset for login

1. Password reset for login - Similar Threads - Password reset login

2. Password reset for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset for login: Have W10 version 21H2 Logon using pin and now realise do not know what password was. But have no option for reset my password on the logon page.David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-for-login/3798714f-eda4-427e-a1e2-e27cd89cca17
  3. Password reset for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password reset for login: Have W10 version 21H2 Logon using pin and now realise do not know what password was. But have no option for reset my password on the logon page.David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-for-login/3798714f-eda4-427e-a1e2-e27cd89cca17
  4. Windows 10 Login Password Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Login Password Reset: We have a computer with Windows 10, two login one called Administrator, one Joanne, this computer was a former employee. We can't figure out the login for either account. HELP!! How can I reset other than installing Windows 10? If reinstall Windows 10 will the information be...
  5. Windows 10 Login Password Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Login Password Reset: We have a computer with Windows 10, two login one called Administrator, one Joanne, this computer was a former employee. We can't figure out the login for either account. HELP!! How can I reset other than installing Windows 10? If reinstall Windows 10 will the information be...
  6. Windows 10 Login Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Reset Local Computer Login Password

Reset Local Computer Login Password: I forgot my local computer login password for Win 10, but I can use my PIN to login becasue I only login using PIN. Anyway to reset the login password using my PIN? I found it always asks me to verify the current password if I try to create a reset disk or change the...
  8. password reset cant login to profile

password reset cant login to profile: help I can not log in into my account from startup and when I used the password reset disk it said it encountered an error how can I fix this help please...
  9. Resetting login password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting login password: Hey, My uncle passed away in December and we’ve been clearing out his stuff. Today we found his laptops, one is a Dell XPS and runs Windows 10, but of course it’s locked to a password. We don’t have the reset disk for it either. Does anyone know how we can get into the...
  10. Password Reset and Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Reset and Login: Hi, I forgot my password to login on my laptop - so I reset my MS account password on another PC, but I am still locked out of my laptop saying the password is incorrect. Any suggestions? Thanks....