Windows 10: Password reset for signing into pc

Discus and support Password reset for signing into pc in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft account connected to my machine. However, I have forgotten my password and security questions since I never use them. When I tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Abhinav_17, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Password reset for signing into pc

I have a Microsoft account connected to my machine. However, I have forgotten my password and security questions since I never use them. When I tried to reset the password in the Microsoft web and succeed, the same password should have applied to my machine for signing in. right? but that's not working at all. Now, how should I recover my password. I have access as I remember the pin and have biometrics.

:)

Abhinav_17, Jun 2, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 2, 2021
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Password reset for signing into pc

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Password reset for signing into pc

1. Password reset for signing into pc - Similar Threads - Password reset signing

2. Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...: 25/06/23- Turned on PC, the PIN had changed to a Microsoft account password option. - Typed in my password in. - This error messages displayed:'That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. If you can't remember your password, you...
  3. PC sign in password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC sign in password: one of my pc's has a sign into your microsoft account before i can access it.how the hell do i remove this stupid password??i did not ask for this all i want to do is turn on the pc and use it. I have other devices that do not require a sig inplease help...
  4. PC sign in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC sign in password: one of my pc's has a sign into your microsoft account before i can access it.how the hell do i remove this stupid password??i did not ask for this all i want to do is turn on the pc and use it. I have other devices that do not require a sig inplease help...
  5. PC sign in password

6. Reset this PC Incorrect password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset this PC Incorrect password: I got a bad system config info error, so I tried resetting my PC, but it asked for my password, so I typed it in, and was told it was incorrect. I know this isn’t true as I’ve just used it sign into my Microsoft account on my phone to post this question. Could this have...
  7. Reset this PC Incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset this PC Incorrect password: I got a bad system config info error, so I tried resetting my PC, but it asked for my password, so I typed it in, and was told it was incorrect. I know this isn’t true as I’ve just used it sign into my Microsoft account on my phone to post this question. Could this have...
  8. Reset this PC Incorrect password

9. PC will not recognize Password or reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not recognize Password or reset Password: After running "Microsoft Defender Offline Scan", I attempted to enter known password but it was not recognized. Did suggested "reset" via another PC with a different address/ID, and although a "successful" reset, the main PC would not recognize the new password. Attempted...
  10. pc sign in without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc sign in without password: I can't use my adaptive programs to sign in to the PC. I forget how to do it from five years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sign-in-without-password/c1fe1e62-5c5c-4c00-b949-3de89f4e9ff9