Windows 10: Password reset form

Discus and support Password reset form in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from 8 to 10 after a factory reset. Password confusion and now I'm locked out. Have tried the MS password reset form that kept going... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gorselands, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Password reset form

Recently upgraded from 8 to 10 after a factory reset. Password confusion and now I'm locked out. Have tried the MS password reset form that kept going blank (hidden?) - I don't have an xbox, a credit whatsit, haven't sent any emails on that account ****@outlook.com etc, difficult for them to check my "authenticity". Got an email back (using old XP pc):

"We'll review the answers you submitted and send you an update soon. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for us to get back to you. If we are able to verify you as the account owner, you will receive a link to reset your password to regain access to your account. "

As I had to invent numbers to complete the form they may not help me.

Any advice as to what to do next much appreciated.

First post and my introduction to computing was with punch cards - so be gentle with me.

Mike

:)

gorselands, Oct 17, 2015

2. commputer wont take my password/it sayes wrong password what can i do help

Hi,

If you have access to another computer, use this
    Reset Password form
    then retry logging into your system.

Smittychat., Oct 17, 2015
  3. no login form during clean boot

I can not login because of absence log in form. There is no field for password entering. So resetting password seems irrelevant.

ДмитрийРащенко, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Password reset form

Would it be terrible for you to start over? Since you upgraded already, your Windows 10 should be registered as activated. So just use this method to install 10 again: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

YES - it will wipe all your documents and data out clean
    NO - you do not have to install 8 first if you already managed to get 10 installed, and just forgot the password after it was activated (after the install finishes)

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
  5. Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a boot disc/usb unless i could download one to my xp pc. Then don't i have to get in to my laptop to do a clean install? I really am a novice.

Mike

gorselands, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password reset form

1. Password reset form - Similar Threads - Password reset form

2. Microsoft Forms keeps losing my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forms keeps losing my password.: I go to log on to this forum site, it says my password is wrong. I am using MS Edge and it uses the password remember function. It is also written down on a thumb drive kept in a safe. It is NOT wrong. But I cannot say that, so do the forgot password routine. Enter the...
  3. Microsoft Forms keeps losing my password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forms keeps losing my password.: I go to log on to this forum site, it says my password is wrong. I am using MS Edge and it uses the password remember function. It is also written down on a thumb drive kept in a safe. It is NOT wrong. But I cannot say that, so do the forgot password routine. Enter the...
  4. Reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting password: Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question.I have a little Dell laptop that is 10 years old with Windows 7 installed that I would like to use in a local environment. So I really don't want or need to update the OS I should think. I have forgotten the password and...
  5. reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset password: i purchased a gateway nv53a laptop with windows 7 home premium and cannot logon due to not knowing the admin user login info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password/e9954b51-13bb-45e5-a118-13292560e359
  6. Reset Password

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Password: My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work. They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper case,one lower case + symbols etc.) but they also say there must be one didgit, what do they mean by this? 138882
  7. Password reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset: Hi, Does the admin command "net user<username><new password> still work with windows 10 1903 Thank You 137552
  8. Forms & Passwords in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Forms & Passwords in Firefox: Does anyone know how to make "Ask and save passwords permanent" in Firefox? Asking Firefox is a complete waste of time. 118642
  9. Forms & Passwords in Firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Forms & Passwords in Firefox: Does anyone know how to make "Ask and save passwords permanent" in Firefox? Asking Firefox is a complete waste of time. 118642
  10. passwords not accepted because "error in the form"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords not accepted because "error in the form": all of a sudden everywhere I get an error message that my password/username "there is an error in the form" and I cannot sign into web pages...