Windows 10: Password reset issue

Discus and support Password reset issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is the issue. when a user forgets their domain password and our service desk resets the password. The user logs in and using the temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamDavis7, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SamDavis7 Win User

Password reset issue

Here is the issue. when a user forgets their domain password and our service desk resets the password. The user logs in and using the temporary password set by our service desk, they get the expected prompt of your password needs to be changed before your account can login. They press the OK button and instead of getting the popup screen with the 3 lines of fill in the blank lines labeled old password, new password, and confirm password as is expected they may just see the login screen if they are trying to preform this process on a laptop. If they go to a desktop and login the same way as above it will give them the password pop up and work normally. All of our computers are currently running the same image of windows 10 Except for drivers This issue is somewhat random. It does not matter is the laptops are Docked or Wireless. Has this been an issue for anyone else?

:)

SamDavis7, Jan 22, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Password reset issue

Windows password reset

Hello,

To understand the issue better, please share the information:

• Is the issue occurring while logging into the system or in any browser?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

To reset your Microsoft Account password, I suggest you to click on the link below and follow the steps.

Reset your password

Please get back to us with the requested information and get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Password reset issue

1. Password reset issue - Similar Threads - Password reset issue

2. Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted: Hello, I'm encountering a problem while attempting to reset my PC while keeping my files. I hope someone can help me resolve this issue. Here's the problem: When I initiate the reset process and choose the option to keep my files, the system prompts me to enter my account...
  3. Reset and password issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset and password issues: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  4. Reset and password issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset and password issues: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  5. Reset and password issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. password reset issue if phone not receiving code

password reset issue if phone not receiving code: My Dad was scammed and had a lot of money taken out of his online bank account THEN they locked his laptop.I've reloaded windows but I cant get the code sent to the registered telephone number.I filled in the online form to get this sorted but not heard.How can I get the...
  7. Self Service Password Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self Service Password Reset Issues: I am having some issues with SSPR through azure AD using writeback to adconnect to use for windows clients. The problem is, we do not use UAC because it causes a lot of issues for third party applications and the documentation states that you need to enable UAC. I have not...
  8. Self Service Password Reset Issues

Self Service Password Reset Issues: I am having some issues with SSPR through azure AD using writeback to adconnect to use for windows clients. The problem is, we do not use UAC because it causes a lot of issues for third party applications and the documentation states that you need to enable UAC. I have not...
  9. Self Service Password Reset Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Intune OOBE password reset issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intune OOBE password reset issue: your password was successfully updated, but our servers take a little time to catch up, please try signing in again in a few minutes. i'm in Hybrid mode, i can do the password reset i see on premiss that it is succesfully changed, how ever when i hit the sign it doesnt go...