Windows 10: password reset kids account

Discus and support password reset kids account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello my son just got a laptop, we installed a kids account on it - everything worked fine so far. now he forgot his password and I tried to reset... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TimWyngaert, Sep 7, 2020.

1. password reset kids account

Hello

my son just got a laptop, we installed a kids account on it - everything worked fine so far.

now he forgot his password and I tried to reset the password. Since he has never sent 1 email or used Xbox or used Skype - I'm unable to reply sufficiently to the security questions, hence I'm unable to reset the PW.

can you please advise how the PW can be reset?

thanks!

:)

TimWyngaert, Sep 7, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Anmev Win User

password reset kids account

Help reset family account - kids password

Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password.

I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else.

all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so many fields where I do not have answer too.

being a parent, is there no easy way to reset the pwd?

I have seen the below reply to use the recovery form :: but its of no use if you do not have the details. I have not used this accoutn for anything except xbox. i entered the xbox live id and still didnt work... what are my other options?

-------------- ..--------------------

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to refer
    the article Recover your Microsoft Account and also refer the section Tips for
    filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account. ------------------

Anmev, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

password reset kids account

1. password reset kids account - Similar Threads - password reset kids

2. Reset Kids Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Kids Account Password: Bought kid his first PC and trying to login to his Microsoft account. We have Microsoft 365 family, gamepass ultimate and family safety for him. He also has his account on his XBOX linked up to his account. He has of course forgotten his password and can’t login. We are...
  3. Reset Kids Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Kids Account Password: Bought kid his first PC and trying to login to his Microsoft account. We have Microsoft 365 family, gamepass ultimate and family safety for him. He also has his account on his XBOX linked up to his account. He has of course forgotten his password and can’t login. We are...
  4. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change passwords to kids accounts: I've lost the passwords to both of my kids accounts on my family account. When I try to reset password the validation of my recovery form gets denied. Is there a way to bypass this step?...
  5. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change passwords to kids accounts: I've lost the passwords to both of my kids accounts on my family account. When I try to reset password the validation of my recovery form gets denied. Is there a way to bypass this step?...
  6. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. account password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account password reset: How do you reset an Admin password on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-password-reset/b66ff1db-a06c-4c25-bb88-d9573675b206
  8. Help reset family account - kids password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help reset family account - kids password: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  9. reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset account password: I forgot my Microsoft account password. I went through the reset process from account to entering codes to change password and got the screen message your password has been changed, sign in. I have entered five different passwords but each time I try to sign in up comes...
  10. Reset account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...