Windows 10: Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

Discus and support Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LynnBeaugie, May 21, 2020.

1. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

Hi,

I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them. My son changed his password and has forgotten it, logged in 3 times incorrectly and is now unable to log into his Microsoft profile. He cannot answer the questions required for reseting the password as he has not used the hotmail account, so doesn't have any emails to provide information. The requests to reset his password state that we have not given enough information.. but we've provided every detail we have.

I'm stuck as to what to do next...

:)

LynnBeaugie, May 21, 2020

2. Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2020
  3. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, May 21, 2020
  4. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

Unable to access or reset child account password

Hi Imran,

To help resolve your concern, you may refer to the steps provided below:

• Click the account profile picture and choose View account.
    • Select change password under your email account.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

1. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity - Similar Threads - Password reset Childs

2. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  3. How to reset a child account password?

How to reset a child account password?: I am trying to reset my child's < 13 password. This happened after I applied the latest Windows 10 update on the laptop which somehow locked up / stopped recognizing both of our passwords. I was able to get mine reset only but can't reset hers. While the help talks about...
  4. How to reset a child account password

How to reset a child account password: My child has forgotten her password to her outlook.com account and when I try to reset it, the security phone number linked to it is not valid. I see no way to change the number used. Her account is part of my family group, but I see no way to reset her password from there. I...
  5. Reset Child's account password

Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  6. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  7. How to reset child account password

How to reset child account password: 1. Child 8 yo cannot remember their password 2. There is no function to change or reset this in the Family admin section 3. Child has never used any other MS product no email, xbox, etc, just logs into the account = 'not enough information to reset password' from the reset...
  8. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  9. Cannot reset child account password

Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  10. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...