Windows 10: Password reset on a dell laptop

Discus and support Password reset on a dell laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10. Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven Jay Rosenberg, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Password reset on a dell laptop

I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10.

Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend says she did not have a password and then there was an upgrade.

I changed her Microsoft account so we have a password, but that password does not work with the computer. I do not have any original disks. Computer is long out of warranty. Dell suggested getting original Windows 8 disk and then trying to reinstall. This idea scares me since she is already using 10.

Is there a way to get past the account password without deleting hard drive? Is there a way to get into the system and download the files?

HELP!!

:)

Steven Jay Rosenberg, Sep 25, 2018

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Sep 25, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Password reset on a dell laptop

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Password reset on a dell laptop

1. Password reset on a dell laptop - Similar Threads - Password reset dell

2. Need to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password .: I need your help to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password . . Currently cannot login. I forgot my password !!Need online change of device password online....
  3. Need to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password .: I need your help to reset my Windows 11 laptop DELL 3511 password . . Currently cannot login. I forgot my password !!Need online change of device password online....
  4. Password reset on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  5. Password reset on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  6. Password reset on a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Laptop password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop password reset: I forgot my laptop password because it's long since I accessed it, how can I reset the password without my data getting lost?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-reset/b50c39ed-b1a7-4731-9a08-7b872d360899
  8. Resetting Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Dell laptop: I recently had to pullout my older dell laptop. Went through the process to reset the computer but now i cannot login after startup. It keeps pulling up the administrator to login but it tells me the specified domain cannot be contacted or does not exist. It is a dell...
  9. Password reset for laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for laptop: After a recent windows update i get an error saying "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device". The sad part is i don't remember my password also, to use it as a sign-in option. Can anyone help me out I'm locked out of my own PC....
  10. Can't reset Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset Dell laptop.: I recently reset my Dell laptop. Starts off with "Hi there" and I fill in basic information. Then I'm met with a screen that says "Why did my pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us form geting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get tings working...