Windows 10: Password reset on a laptop

Discus and support Password reset on a laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MessB_76, Nov 24, 2021.

1. MessB_76 Win User

Password reset on a laptop

Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those memories?Many thanksB

:)

MessB_76, Nov 24, 2021

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Nov 24, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Password reset on a laptop

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Password reset on a laptop

1. Password reset on a laptop - Similar Threads - Password reset laptop

2. ASUS Laptop password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop password reset: My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are no options to assist me with recall...
  3. How to reset LAPTOP password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset LAPTOP password: I cannot remember my personal password and it’s not the same as my Microsoft acct. how can I get help to reset that password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-laptop-password/119c063f-b8ee-4e7f-8036-1691076b7ab4
  4. How to reset LAPTOP password

How to reset LAPTOP password: I cannot remember my personal password and it’s not the same as my Microsoft acct. how can I get help to reset that password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-laptop-password/119c063f-b8ee-4e7f-8036-1691076b7ab4
  5. Password reset on a laptop

Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  6. Password reset on a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  7. Reset administrator password for laptop

Reset administrator password for laptop: Laptop being in quarantine/lockdown storage for 9 months. now reunited have forgotten adminstrator password. how do I reset/re-establish? * Moved from MSN...
  8. Laptop password reset

Laptop password reset: I forgot my laptop password because it's long since I accessed it, how can I reset the password without my data getting lost?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-reset/b50c39ed-b1a7-4731-9a08-7b872d360899
  9. Password reset for laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for laptop: After a recent windows update i get an error saying "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device". The sad part is i don't remember my password also, to use it as a sign-in option. Can anyone help me out I'm locked out of my own PC....
  10. Password reset on a dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password reset on a dell laptop: I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10. Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend says she did not have a password and then there was an upgrade. I changed her Microsoft account so we have a password, but...