Windows 10: Password reset on second device; email/ISP went out of business

Discus and support Password reset on second device; email/ISP went out of business in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We (wife and me) have a Surface. I am a secondary user, but need to sue the Surface for a trip. I need to reset my password. Password reset wants... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DickB8, Oct 11, 2019.

1. DickB8 Win User

Password reset on second device; email/ISP went out of business

We (wife and me) have a Surface. I am a secondary user, but need to sue the Surface for a trip. I need to reset my password. Password reset wants to send a code to my email (to add me as a user to the wife's Surface.) I lost my password. MS wants to send a code to my email addr. That company (speakeasy.net) has gone out of business. How do I get the 7-digit code at my new email address? MS will send a code to my new email, but when I enter that code, Surface will not accept it.

How do I get MS to send the code to a new viable email address?

:)

DickB8, Oct 11, 2019
  2. DickB8 Win User

We (wife and me) have a Surface. I am a secondary user, but need to sue the Surface for a trip. I need to reset my password. Password reset wants to send a code to my email (to add me as a user to the wife's Surface.) I lost my password. MS wants to
    send a code to my email addr. That company (speakeasy.net) has gone out of business. How do I get the 7-digit code at my new email address? MS will send a code to my new email, but when I enter that code, Surface will not accept it.

How do I get MS to send the code to a new viable email address?

DickB8, Nov 29, 2019
  3. DickB8 Win User

In going through the steps in the recovery process, I come to :

Submit a recovery form
    I am a loss as to how to get a recovery form. The step says

1. "You’ll need a working email address so that we can send your information about your request. We will not retain or use this email address for marketing. If you don’t have one, select
      create a new one with Outlook.com.
    2. Type in the characters
      so we know you’re not a robot and select Next
    What characters? Where do I find them.

DickB8, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Password reset on second device; email/ISP went out of business

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Password reset on second device; email/ISP went out of business - Similar Threads - Password reset second

2. Device still enrolled in company Intune - company out of business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device still enrolled in company Intune - company out of business: Hello,I'm currently experimenting issues with a desktop PC that I recently purchased in an auction: it seems that the device is still enrolled in the - former owner - company tenant, and as of that, is asking me for an account from that company to set up the device. The...
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  5. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. password reset email - is it a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset email - is it a scam?: Hi I have received a reset password email apparently from Microsoft. I have logged into to Microsoft NOT through the email link and reset my password. This then generated a new email, attached to the first one, in a thread. However, this account while set up is not in...
  7. isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  8. Email reset password outlook.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email reset password outlook.com: Hi All I have tried to update my security info. The problem is that the contact information they have is outdated. I have tried to alter the contact point to my mobile number but this didn't work. So they now have no way to send me details of the changes. Does anyone know...
  9. Unrequested outlook.com password reset emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrequested outlook.com password reset emails: Hello, I keep getting outlook.com password reset emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on my secondary email address, which I did not request. I also see unsuccessful Sync attempts from China in my activity log. Is there any way to stop these mails...
  10. Changing the Email used for resetting the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing the Email used for resetting the password: Hey all, as the title implies, I am wanting to change the email that Microsoft uses to change my password. When I go to manage aliases, the only email I see is the email I prefer. However, when I went to reset my password, one of the options was an older email that I am...