Windows 10: Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.

Discus and support Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11. Trying to log in to the pc of a former employee. An alternate login with admin rights had previously been set up when he left, though this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanM_CMACV, May 8, 2023.

1. Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.

Windows 11. Trying to log in to the pc of a former employee. An alternate login with admin rights had previously been set up when he left, though this doesn't appear on the login screen. When entering these credentials as an 'other', it doesn't recognize the password. I then proceed to change password through security questions. I enter the responses and it prompts me to create a new password. Upon doing this, it says "Incorrect password" and there's nothing more I can do from that point, regardless of what I put in. It does recognize if the two passwords are different but how can a NEW passwo

:)

DanM_CMACV, May 8, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 8, 2023
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Please Reset Your TechPowerUp Forums Password

I went through the password reset procedure and by the time I clicked on the link to reset the password, I was greeted with a password prompt for "Forum Admin Area" even on the main domain. Waited a few minutes and the prompt disappeared.

Jstn7477, May 8, 2023
  4. Lee H Win User

Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.

Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Still no Joy with that Password.. That's the one Dell also gave me but it just says incorrect password entered *Frown Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered. :(

Lee H, May 8, 2023
Thema:

Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.

1. Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered. - Similar Threads - Password reset prompt

2. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  3. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  4. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.

Password reset prompt says 'incorrect password' when new password is entered.: Windows 11. Trying to log in to the pc of a former employee. An alternate login with admin rights had previously been set up when he left, though this doesn't appear on the login screen. When entering these credentials as an 'other', it doesn't recognize the password. I then...
  6. Computer password returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password

Computer password returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password: Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers I know as much as the next guy, I just can't do stuff like command prompt so I came here to get some help with a problem I'm facing. I got locked out of my PC when rebooting in safe mode to try fixing an out-of-bounds error I...
  7. Take a picture when an incorrect password is entered.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take a picture when an incorrect password is entered.: Is there a way to take a picture using my webcam of someone who tried to unlock my PC on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-a-picture-when-an-incorrect-password-is/1284f976-9cad-49e3-b3eb-57be1ddea85f
  8. Take a picture when an incorrect password is entered.

Take a picture when an incorrect password is entered.: Is there a way to take a picture using my webcam of someone who tried to unlock my PC on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-a-picture-when-an-incorrect-password-is/1284f976-9cad-49e3-b3eb-57be1ddea85f
  9. In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect

In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect: [IMG]Im trying to open command prompt in repair mode, but saying the password is incorrect. But Im sure its 100% correct ans I also reset password tried again, its same problem!...
  10. incorrect password when i enter it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect password when i enter it: recently my pc got a blue screen. i changed a setting in control panel, it was something alomg the lines of max processor cores. i have an 8 core ryzen 5 2600x cpu, but i chose 16 because i was informed the setting also counted cpu threads. i made a system restore point...