Windows 10: Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

Discus and support Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; One of our devices in the office that was used by a former employee, we cant find the password to log on to his PC. We tired to do a factory reset on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kendra#Best, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

One of our devices in the office that was used by a former employee, we cant find the password to log on to his PC. We tired to do a factory reset on the PC but it is asking for our Bitlocker key. When going to my Micro Acct we can see the device on our account but, it does not display the Bitlocker key for this device. It only displays 2 out of the 6 devices we have. Is there a way to find this BL key or a way to reset the device w/o the key.

Thanks,

:)

Kendra#Best, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key [​IMG]

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

Xylee Del, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

1. Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key - Similar Threads - Password Reset Bitlocker

2. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  3. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  4. Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB: Hello, I have been trying to reset my Surface Go. I do not have access to the Administrator account, hence why I am trying to factory reset my PC. I do not have a USB available, nor do I have a USB I can use to create a bootable media to reinstall Windows 10. I have tried...
  5. Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB: Hello, I have been trying to reset my Surface Go. I do not have access to the Administrator account, hence why I am trying to factory reset my PC. I do not have a USB available, nor do I have a USB I can use to create a bootable media to reinstall Windows 10. I have tried...
  6. Get Windows 10 back w/o key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Windows 10 back w/o key?: Hi! I have a laptop that came with a Win10 license. Recently I have been trying different Linux distributions but I didn't like any of them and would like now to go back to Windows. Can I do it without a key? The Windows Sticker on the bottom doesn't have the key like they...
  7. Outlook email now opens w/o password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook email now opens w/o password: Recently discovered anyone can access by Outlook emails without a password. How can I password protect my emails. Using MS Office 2016. Windows 10. Thanks...
  8. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  9. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  10. Stuck in safe mode w/o password, tried everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in safe mode w/o password, tried everything: Hi, Yesterday I booted into safe mode by checking the option on msconfig in order to remove some malware. When I reached the login screen I couldn't log into my computer because I didn't know I need to have to use my account password and not my PIN (which I always use). So...