Windows 10: Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

Discus and support Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I'm trying to use the password reset wizard and I used my laptop to make the disc, but when I try and use it on my PC it gives me the error message,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Derek Kaplan, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

So I'm trying to use the password reset wizard and I used my laptop to make the disc, but when I try and use it on my PC it gives me the error message, "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account". I don't know what to do.

:)

Derek Kaplan, Aug 25, 2018

2. Password Reset Wizard

Hi! I'm having trouble with my Password Reset Wizard. I used Windows 7 Professional laptop to download my reset disk on a USB drive to use on my Windows 10 laptop and I didn't use my original Administrator because it wouldn't work so I created a new administrator
    and it worked! However when I try to use this Password Reset Wizard I can get passed the second step but then a message says "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account". What do I do? And yes I forgot my password
    to my windows 10 laptop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MakotoShizuka, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Password reset wizard

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Local account or Microsoft account?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    If you are referring to reset Microsoft account password, I suggest you to refer to the below link:

Reset your password

To reset the password for Local account, follow the below steps.

• Type setting in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts option.

• Select the Sign In Option from the left panel of the window.

• Click on Change button, under
      Change your account password

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 25, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

1. Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message - Similar Threads - Password Reset Wizard

2. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  3. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  4. Resetting pin gives error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting pin gives error message: I am basically locked out of my computer because I cannot reset my PIN. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pin-gives-error-message/ca378d03-c853-41f4-85b4-737a07e6c74d
  5. Printer giving me an error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer giving me an error message: I have a Brother HL-L2390DW laser printer. It was working fine but after a Windows 10 Update, it is not printing anymore. Everything shows as printer working and connected but no printing. Please advise asap....
  6. Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.: [ATTACH] Never had this issue before. Tried restarting my laptop multiple times, tried to download it a few times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-an-update-and-it-keeps-giving-me/4da0ae35-c63b-4908-977d-4d18266bea34
  7. Installings gives me an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  8. Password reset wizard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset wizard: I have read "Create Windows 10 password reset disk" discussions from the last 3 years. All point to schemes to get the wizard to respond. None do. Control Panel > User Accounts > Create a password reset disk doesn't do anything At that moment, searching task manager...
  9. Password Reset Wizard "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Reset Wizard "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password...: I dont know why this occurs when i tried to change my password, i made a new local account to create a reset disk. I then tried to use it on my locked administrator account (my main account), however the message "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the...
  10. PASSWORD RESET WIZARD WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PASSWORD RESET WIZARD WILL NOT LAUNCH: I don't care if this is a repeat question. Most of ya'll can't answer a question without first reading the issue. Can't log into my my desktop but computer says my password is incorrect however my PASSWORD IS CORRECT PASSWORD IS CORRECT (I did that twice because most ya'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password reset wizard error

2. an error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account

3. how to clear error in wizard

4. wizard password reset keeps saying error,
  5. the password wizzard encountered an error,
  6. error occurred password reset wizard,
  7. an error iccured while wizard attempting,
  8. password wizard reset disk error message,
  9. windows password reset disk error message,
  10. error occured attemting wizard for this user account win 0,
  11. password reset wizard error message