Windows 10: Password reset

Discus and support Password reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Just upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro but unfortunately having problems with administrator status. It seems I have entered password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ramayah Rasiah, May 15, 2020.

1. Password reset

Hi

Just upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro but unfortunately having problems with administrator status. It seems I have entered password incorrectly. Is there anyway I can reset the password please. Thanks

By the way I managed to u/grade for free and the issue I had before on unable to u/grade because my wireless network card does not meet u/grade requirements I have now resolved. Disable wireless network Asus in my case and let system default to wired connection and after installation enable wireless card.

:)

Ramayah Rasiah, May 15, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 15, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 15, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Password reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Password reset

1. Password reset - Similar Threads - Password reset

2. Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password: I'm on Windows 10 version 1903. I have PIN entry enabled. However, I've found that after a recent update (or might have been further back), if I initially make a mistake entering my PIN when coming out of Sleep mode, Windows does not prompt me to retry. Instead I get some...
  3. Reset Child's account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  4. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  5. unrequested code to reset password message

unrequested code to reset password message: I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. I have never requested one. The address I am receiving it from is legit: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I checked my login activity from the last couple of months and the weirdest...
  6. Old Admin locked down pc, lost password cannot reset

Old Admin locked down pc, lost password cannot reset: Is there a way to reset an admin password without any admin privileges on a remote pc as everything is virtually locked down without the password someone else added and lost. Tried all the ideas I had but nothing works...
  7. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity: Hi, I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them. My son changed his password and has forgotten it, logged in 3 times incorrectly and is now unable to log into his Microsoft...
  8. Resetting Bios Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting Bios Password: I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password....
  9. Constantly having to reset my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Constantly having to reset my password: Hello, Each day when I log back into my email, it tells me the password is wrong. It is not. I then have to reset my password and start this process all over again every couple of days. How do I keep the one password I want? Thank you....
  10. need to reset password on a local pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    need to reset password on a local pc: need to reset password, windows 10, local pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reset-password-on-a-local-pc/41e920e7-a55b-429a-bece-52fffff2db53