Windows 10: password reset

Discus and support password reset in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i have a asus tab which has windows 10 i activated the Microsoft account and i forgot the password ,how do i reset it 44861 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by james beja, Mar 21, 2016.

1. password reset

i have a asus tab which has windows 10 i activated the Microsoft account and i forgot the password ,how do i reset it

:)

james beja, Mar 21, 2016

2. How to reset the password using password reset disk

Hi Harlee,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you logged into the computer using a Microsoft Account or a Standard Account?

2. Did you forget your initial password, which required you to use the password reset disk?

3. Did you create the Password Reset Disk using a USB drive or Memory card?

I would like to inform that in Windows 10, if you have logged into the computer using a Microsoft Account you will not be able to retrieve the forgotten password via the Password Reset Tool. If you are signed into the account via a Standard account, the
    created account should be an admin account for you to be able to reset the password.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest that you refer to the article
    How to reset your Microsoft account password
    provided in the link below. This will guide you on how to recover your forgotten password

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 21, 2016
  3. How to reset the password using password reset disk

I just got my laptop four days ago and I set up my login password then without knowing I should create a password reset disk. Well, I wasn't smart enough to think ahead and write it down so now when it asked me this morning for the first time (I haven't
    really been using it) I couldn't remember. I've visited several websites and all of them just tell me I am **** out of luck so I was wondering if there is a way I can get back onto my laptop without a password reset disk.

Password- Original Title

HarleeHolub, Mar 21, 2016
  4. password reset

Go into your Microsoft account and their should be a box with forgot my password
    Click on that and it should activate and you should get a new link come through t reset your password
    Just follow the instructions
    If you have a mobile phone they can send you a pin that once put in takes you to the page to reset your password

hTconeM9user, Mar 21, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

password reset

1. password reset - Similar Threads - password reset

2. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset/change old laptop device password?: Who can I contact for password support? I am trying to log into an old laptop device associated with my account, but I can't remember my password. Is there a way I can reset password from another computer/device? Who can assist me with this?I would like to reset password...
  3. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset/change old laptop device password?: Who can I contact for password support? I am trying to log into an old laptop device associated with my account, but I can't remember my password. Is there a way I can reset password from another computer/device? Who can assist me with this?I would like to reset password...
  4. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page: I am trying to deploy SSPR in our environment and whenever we are not connected to the company network and click on the reset password link from the login screen we get an error message "You'll need internet to access this". It seems that whenever we click the password reset...
  6. Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page

Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page: I am trying to deploy SSPR in our environment and whenever we are not connected to the company network and click on the reset password link from the login screen we get an error message "You'll need internet to access this". It seems that whenever we click the password reset...
  7. Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...: After a lengthy period of non-use, I booted up my back-up to my back-up computer. Not surprisingly Windows indicated the need to install updates, which it did. However, when the computer booted, I was greeted with screens telling me Windows was diagnosing problems or words to...
  9. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...: After a lengthy period of non-use, I booted up my back-up to my back-up computer. Not surprisingly Windows indicated the need to install updates, which it did. However, when the computer booted, I was greeted with screens telling me Windows was diagnosing problems or words to...
  10. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade