Windows 10: Password Retry Delay

Discus and support Password Retry Delay in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm experiencing a long 3-5 minute delay when I type the wrong password logging into my Windows account on my laptop. This just started happening in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Arrow Dad, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Arrow Dad Win User

Password Retry Delay

I'm experiencing a long 3-5 minute delay when I type the wrong password logging into my Windows account on my laptop. This just started happening in the last 2 weeks. I get in a hurry when I sit down, and I type my work password instead of my home password. The screen shows looping circles like it is trying to log in for 3-5 minutes before it comes back and let's me re-enter my password. In the past, I instantly got a message that my password was wrong and I just tried again. Very frustrating having to wait so long.

:)

Arrow Dad, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 6, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Password Retry Delay

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Password Retry Delay

1. Password Retry Delay - Similar Threads - Password Retry Delay

2. Microsoft Store updates ‘retry’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates ‘retry’: Hi everyone, after setting up Windows 11 there were a lot of updates to be installed after pressing ‘get updates’. It was a bit odd as it said retry next to most of the apps, but I noticed that they were installing one by one and the list said no apps installed. As soon as I...
  3. Delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay?: So I bought a laptop like a year ago and I only work on it. There were no problems untill now. When I move the mouse it doesn't move for a few second, then it responds and is on the other side of the screen and it's every time I move the mouse can anyone help me with this?...
  4. robocopy retry argument ignored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy retry argument ignored: Hi! I've just faced a strange behaviour of robocopy as it ignores the /R argument. I use Windows 10, version 20.04, build 19041.508. I wanted to copy files from one folder to another using /R:10 retry 10 times and /W:3 wait 3 seconds between retries arguments but it...
  5. Delayed Login after password entered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed Login after password entered.: Hello All, I am using licensed version of windows 10 pro with all the latest updated. Since last two updated i am facing one issue. Windows boots fast till it reaches the password screen. It hardly takes 1 min. When I enter password, it shows please wait and loader for...
  6. Windows update says Retry!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update says Retry!: A few days ago, I updated my PC with latest October Windows 10 Update. But, after few days, when I am trying to update my PC, it tells me to Retry everytime. and displays an error code as pasted here "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later....
  7. Delaying

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delaying: If you switch the "pause updates" toggle on and you have the "defer feature updates" option on as well, does the former override it? 139667
  8. Fix Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The errors that are caused by the BIOS of a computer are really dangerous and annoying. This is because of the fact that these type of errors do not even let you load your operating system and throw an error [...] This post Fix Error 0199, Security password...
  9. Server busy (switch to or retry)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server busy (switch to or retry): [ATTACH] Tis pic is not happening all the time. Hi, I have this problem after installing an image which allways worked. After reinstalling my image, installing problems occur everything goes so slow, somethimes it is not working at all, (installing/deinstalling) i get...
  10. Successful updates retries and fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Successful updates retries and fails: KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it hangs. Please see pics below. [img] [img] What to do now? 85573