Windows 10: Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004

Discus and support Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. We have spotted what we believe to be a bug, that we have been able to replicate on our own machines and clients running 2004. The normal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nathen Fredrick, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004

Hi.

We have spotted what we believe to be a bug, that we have been able to replicate on our own machines and clients running 2004.

The normal behaviour observed in 1909 was that if a password was stored in either the Windows Credential Manager, Edge or browser password manager, the password reveal eye would not appear. It would only appear for user-typed passwords. Clicking out of the box and back in removes the reveal option.

In 2004, the eye is a permanent feature. Any password in the box can be revealed, whether or not it was stored, typed or entered by a third party password manager.

None of the group policy or registry keys remove the reveal eye from the browser.

This has been demonstrated on machines with a fresh install of Windows 10 build 2004, as well as ones upgraded from earlier versions.

:)

Nathen Fredrick, Oct 9, 2020

2. The reveal password eye

Password Reveal Button - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Download and run a REG file.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 9, 2020
  3. The reveal password eye

I wish to remove the reveal password eye icon on the password lock screen in Windows 10. I found one article which suggested poking around in the registry, which I do not feel confident doing. Please help Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004 :)

PeterLally, Oct 9, 2020
  4. John582n Win User

Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004

Password Reveal Eye IS BACK????

Why does the password reveal eye annoy you? It doesn't reveal the password unless you hover the mouse over it. If you don't like it don't use it.

John582n, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004

1. Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004 - Similar Threads - Password Reveal Eye

2. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...: Hi,Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct Windows PIN.The PIN is correct. There is no error message or anything. The PIN box just disappears after entering the correct PIN and DOES NOT display the passwords saved in google pw...
  3. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...: Hi,Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct Windows PIN.The PIN is correct. There is no error message or anything. The PIN box just disappears after entering the correct PIN and DOES NOT display the passwords saved in google pw...
  4. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I want to disable the popup on my revealing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to disable the popup on my revealing password: Straight to the point as the question, i want to disable this but i couldn't find any clue to disable this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-the-popup-on-my-revealing/8f3764c2-b66b-494b-a614-efd94f95bfb1
  6. When I go to settings to look for a password and reveal the password I get a continuing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I go to settings to look for a password and reveal the password I get a continuing...: When I go to settings to look for a password and reveal the password I get a continuing alarm sound on my computer. How do I turn this off once I have logged out of the password view?...
  7. How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge?: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Reveal password […] This article How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords: Not sure how to explain this but.. You know when you type your password and input one character that shows, then you input another one and the previous one hides and the new one shows? I've noticed the majority of sites do this but there's also one's that hide your password...
  9. Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords: Not sure how to explain this but.. You know when you type your password and input one character that shows, then you input another one and the previous one hides and the new one shows? I've noticed the majority of sites do this but there's also one's that hide your password...
  10. Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 [img] Information After you type your password in a password entry text box in Windows 10, you will see a password reveal button (fermata...