Windows 10: Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

Discus and support Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode and would like to add Security Questions for my password. I follow the instructions to click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jgkwiatek, Jan 2, 2019.

1. jgkwiatek Win User

Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

Hello,

I have an Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode and would like to add Security Questions for my password. I follow the instructions to click on Settings then Accounts then Sign-In Options. To the right I see that I can change my PIN, but I do not see anything along the lines of "Update Security Questions". Any help on what I can do to setup Security Questions is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

:)

jgkwiatek, Jan 2, 2019

2. Question about password in Safe Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to login into the PC or the Microsoft Account using a browser?
    • Did you check in Safe mode with Networking?

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Check if you are able to login by typing the password using on-screen keyboard by following the steps below:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

After entering the password and before pressing Enter,
    click on the icon adjacent to where you typed the password and check if you have entered the right password.

Method 1: Boot your PC in Safe mode with networking
    by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If you are unable to login and is using Microsoft account to enter the user profile, I suggest you to use another PC to reset the password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 2, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

1. Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode - Similar Threads - Password Security Questions

2. Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question: Just got a PC with Windows 11 S mode. I understand its running security in the background. However, I have a hard drive to plug in and I want to scan it. Any way to do a quick scan or doesn't it work like that? Just want to make sure the hard drive is virus free....
  3. Questions on S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...
  4. Questions on S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...
  5. Question about S mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about S mode!: I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the...
  6. Questions on Windows 10 s mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions on Windows 10 s mode: I have been looking to get a laptop for various school related things, and was wondering how often people had trouble getting out of s mode. The windows forums were full of angry people, but I’m not sure what percentage of people that actually is. If people who have done it...
  7. No password, no answers to the security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password, no answers to the security questions: I have a stand-alone pc no internet access I am trying to give away. Booting brings up the windows 10 pretty picture. Press any key asks for a password under the user name Name. When my wife was using this computer, there was no such user. We tried dozens of passwords. We...
  8. S mode question about antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S mode question about antivirus: If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-question-about-antivirus/2f8caeb9-ff96-49ef-b2c6-e0ac1387fd4c
  9. S Mode Question - SSL VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S Mode Question - SSL VPN: I am looking to get a small laptop to work from home with, this one. It comes with Windows 10 S Mode... I need to be able to use a SSL VPN to remote into my work machine. This VPN requires Java... Will I be able to use this to VPN/RDP?? submitted by /u/Notrega [link]...
  10. Win 10 S Mode Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 S Mode Questions: Hello all and if you observe, happy Easter or Passover. Next week, a friend is getting an HP laptop that'll be using Windows 10 in S Mode. I'm somewhat familiar with what can and cannot be done but there are a few questions. As there are restrictions in what can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1password windows 10 s mode

2. windows login password security questions