Windows 10: password security

Discus and support password security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; are there any password managing apps out there which ask for or give you the option of a text verification as well, eg everytime the app is asked to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sempuku, Jun 7, 2019.

1. sempuku Win User

password security

are there any password managing apps out there which ask for or give you the option of a text verification as well, eg everytime the app is asked to retrieve a password for no matter what it will send a pin to your mobile before releasing it

:)

sempuku, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Thassodar Win User
    Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

This is a good read about passwords:

The Usability of Passwords

He was criticized for it by some big names in computer tech and responded to it:

Usable Security - Reply to

He seems like he's pretty knowledgeable about passwords and stuff, I suggest giving it a try.

Thassodar, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

password security

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

password security

1. password security - Similar Threads - password security

2. Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2": Hello, I noticed under recent sign in activity on my account I had unknown users try to sign in and it said that they "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2". I already change my password and have 2 step verification. But what does that mean?...
  3. Reset password on Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset password on Windows Security: Hi, I need to reset my password for Windows Security as it has expired and when I try to connect to a VPN server, my network credentials are not recognised. Can you please advise how to reset my password? Thansks in advance....
  4. My password and security questions are gone. I'd like to clean reinstall win 10 but it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My password and security questions are gone. I'd like to clean reinstall win 10 but it...: Hello, I have 2 computers that are toast. The first one I am sure it was someone from my former ISP that got bugged, as the BIOS settings has been compromised and cannot be changed...it simply doesn't take any changes to it. This is a gaming computer that I don't use for...
  5. cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions: Hello, Don't know what's going on but I have 2 computers that I cannot get into. It looks like I have to clean install windows 10, but I don't know how. Please help. Hernan....
  6. Microsoft updates Security Baseline: drops password expiration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Security Baseline: drops password expiration: Microsoft published a draft of the security baseline for Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, and Windows Server 2019 (v1903). While you can download the draft and go through it word by word, you may also head over to the Microsoft Security Guidance blog if you are...
  7. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  8. Fix Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The errors that are caused by the BIOS of a computer are really dangerous and annoying. This is because of the fact that these type of errors do not even let you load your operating system and throw an error [...] This post Fix Error 0199, Security password...
  9. Windows 10 admin password recovery disk not working, can't access password security questions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 admin password recovery disk not working, can't access password security questions?: Lenovo T450s machine running Windows 10 Pro v. 1803. Shortly after purchasing I set up both an admin account and a user account (my kids use the machine on occasion). I configured the admin account with password security questions. I also created a password recovery file for...
  10. Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode: Hello, I have an Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode and would like to add Security Questions for my password. I follow the instructions to click on Settings then Accounts then Sign-In Options. To the right I see that I can change my PIN, but I do not see anything along...