Windows 10: password security

Discus and support password security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; are there any password managing apps out there which ask for or give you the option of a text verification as well, eg everytime the app is asked to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sempuku, Jun 7, 2019.

1. sempuku Win User

password security

are there any password managing apps out there which ask for or give you the option of a text verification as well, eg everytime the app is asked to retrieve a password for no matter what it will send a pin to your mobile before releasing it

:)

sempuku, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Thassodar Win User
    Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

This is a good read about passwords:

The Usability of Passwords

He was criticized for it by some big names in computer tech and responded to it:

Usable Security - Reply to

He seems like he's pretty knowledgeable about passwords and stuff, I suggest giving it a try.

Thassodar, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

password security

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

password security

1. password security - Similar Threads - password security

2. How do I update my password in Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I update my password in Windows Security?: How do I update my password, which I've forgotten, in Windows Security to be able to view another laptop on my network? I'm at "Enter Network Credentials"....
  3. Windows 10 password security risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password security risk: Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due to a security risk?...
  4. Is a Windows PIN + TPM more secure than a standard password if you don't plan on signing in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is a Windows PIN + TPM more secure than a standard password if you don't plan on signing in...: Right now I use a long and complex password to sign into my local account. I've never signed into Windows using my Microsoft account and don't plan to. I've been considering switching over to a Windows Hello PIN + TPM for convenience, but want to make sure this is actually...
  5. How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password

How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password: I just bought a new desktop computer. With my old machine, I would leave the computer in sleep mode, knowing that no one could access my files without inputting the password. How do I set this up on my new computer?...
  6. Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect

Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect: Hello, Im trying to change some stuff on my computer and Windows security window pops up and asks for verification. What password I need to put in there? Admin password? I have tried many times with my microsoft store password but it does not work. Maybe something is wrong...
  7. MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw

MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw: I have a gamepass ultimate for pc subscription for my son and installed it on his PC.Once I sign into the xbox app on this pc, he can open MS To Do, MS Whiteboard, MS MAIL! and I assume any other ms apps click sign-in and pick my account and windows will sign him in WITHOUT...
  8. Forgot password, no security questions and no recovery usb. How to get in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot password, no security questions and no recovery usb. How to get in?: Helping granddaughter. Initially Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 would not turn on. I removed battery and got it working using adapter. Next problem: she’s forgotten password. Looking for options on how to proceed....
  9. Laptop does not ask for a password upon waking from sleep/hibernate - security issue

Laptop does not ask for a password upon waking from sleep/hibernate - security issue: Hi all,My laptop running Windows 10 has stopped asking for a password when it wakes from sleep/hibernate. This is a security issue for me.My settings:In settings > sign-in options > require sign-in, I have selected the option that says "When PC wakes from sleep". The only...
  10. Cannot verify passwords on my PC because of "Your security info change is still pending"

Cannot verify passwords on my PC because of "Your security info change is still pending": I cannot verify my idenity for passwords on this pc. I click settings, accounts, sync your settings, click on the "Verify" link in the menu for passwords. But I get "Your security info change is still pending" with a Cancel button instead of a Next button. When I press Cancel...