Windows 10: Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

Discus and support Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently I have been facing a problem where as soon as I press enter after the lock screen shows up in my Windows 10 laptop, it displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adit Gupta, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

So recently I have been facing a problem where as soon as I press enter after the lock screen shows up in my Windows 10 laptop, it displays the password is incorrect message before I even type anything. It has not affected my ability to use my laptop as I can just reenter the password and it works, but I just want to make sure this is not the effect of some malware that might be present on my laptop. This might be unrelated but I believe I started facing this issue after a recent update.I have ensured that it is not a keyboard malfunction and has something to do with the software side of thing

:)

Adit Gupta, Mar 19, 2023
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Mar 19, 2023
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Redirecting

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

1. Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password showing incorrect

2. Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...: My PC, which I believe runs on windows 11, is prone to crashing. It crashes a lot, and I didn't think was that bad. Earlier I wanted to play some games from my dad's xbox account on my pc, and so I tried logging in on it- but it required a device specific pin that I did not...
  3. Incorrect password even if it is not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password even if it is not.: After clicking sign out now to apply changes in the display settings. I was logged out of my computer and when I tried to log in again. It says that my password is incorrect even if it is not....
  4. Incorrect password even if it is not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect password even if it is not.: After clicking sign out now to apply changes in the display settings. I was logged out of my computer and when I tried to log in again. It says that my password is incorrect even if it is not....
  5. Incorrect password even if it is not.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10: So recently I have been facing a problem where as soon as I press enter after the lock screen shows up in my Windows 10 laptop, it displays the password is incorrect message before I even type anything. It has not affected my ability to use my laptop as I can just reenter the...
  7. Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password showing incorrect even before I have typed anything Windows 10: So recently I have been facing a problem where as soon as I press enter after the lock screen shows up in my Windows 10 laptop, it displays the password is incorrect message before I even type anything. It has not affected my ability to use my laptop as I can just reenter the...
  8. SEARCH closes before can type anything

in Cortana
    SEARCH closes before can type anything: I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to type it shuts down. I brought a new laptop because the other perfectly good one would not update drivers for USB,printer...
  9. Windows 10 opens with "Incorrect password. Try again". Even I don't have password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 opens with "Incorrect password. Try again". Even I don't have password.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fhoooke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j34ime/windows_10_opens_with_incorrect_password_try/
  10. I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...

I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...: Hallo, I have a big problem. I am trying since 2 days to log into my laptop. I went cycling and when I came back and opened my laptop, I got the message User/ password are incorrect. I typed many times my password, but still got the same. I tried different ways, nothing...