Windows 10: Password stopped working

Discus and support Password stopped working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using the same password for the last 4 years, and suddenly Microsoft takes it as wrong. I tried to enter it multiple times but it was not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GEORGEKRANIS1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Password stopped working

I have been using the same password for the last 4 years, and suddenly Microsoft takes it as wrong. I tried to enter it multiple times but it was not ACCEPTED in any way.

I was forced to change my password and now I can't return to my old one, cause your software suddenly remembered I used it and doesn't let me. Please HELP ME!

:)

GEORGEKRANIS1, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

my password stopped working

Hello Fishbait, and welcome to Ten Forums. Password stopped working :)

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to reset your Microsoft account password online. Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Fishbait Win User
    my password stopped working

All that did was allow me to reset my password with microsoft.com.

What about the machine I can't get into?

Fishbait, Jun 25, 2020
  4. DAN
    Dan Win User

Password stopped working

Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working"

I have been using this application, Passwords Plus, for a long time - since XP and Palm.

It worked well with Win10 until last week, when I started getting the message above ("Application has stopped working").

I have gone to the company's website, DataViz, and their solutions have not worked.

When this first happened, I checked their website for solutions. They acknowledge this as a common error. Solutions tried are:

• They suggested right clicking the program icon and running as an administrator
    • editing permissions on the Security tab for the "Documents" folder, to allow all permissions.
    • Next they sent a reg file, asking that this be added to the registry
    • then they asked me to re-install the program.

None of this has made any difference - the program still crashes on opening.

Questions:

• Has anyone else encountered & solved this error?
    • Any suggestions for things to try?

Thema:

Password stopped working

1. Password stopped working - Similar Threads - Password stopped working

2. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  3. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  4. admin password stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows password stops working after update

Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  6. Windows password stops working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  7. Passwords have stopped working!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwords have stopped working!: Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my gmail password twice because it defaults to 'error'. What is going on? Sheila Kozmin Sarnia, Ontario...
  8. Picture password stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture password stopped working: I used to enter Windows using the picture password but this feature stopped working in the end of 2018. So I cannot log into Windows and my files. However I’ve found the True Key option, which wasn’t set by me. Is this problem related to the true key? Why did it happen?...
  9. my password stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my password stopped working: Hello all. Last night my password into my windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1 so I have no disk). I'm the only account other than the ones created by the system. It keeps telling me my password I'm entering is wrong. It's been the same password since I bought the machine. It...
  10. Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working"

Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working": I am new to these forums so I am not sure if this is the correct one for this post. However, I have been using this application, Passwords Plus, for a long time - since XP and Palm. It worked well with Win10 until last week, when I started getting the message above. I have...