Windows 10: Password Strength/Requirements

Discus and support Password Strength/Requirements in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My company's password strength is set at EXCELLENT, I tried to update my password but the most I can do is STRONG. What are the requirements for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLy_01, Jun 18, 2019.

1. eLy_01 Win User

Password Strength/Requirements

My company's password strength is set at EXCELLENT, I tried to update my password but the most I can do is STRONG. What are the requirements for my password to be considered EXCELLENT?

:)

eLy_01, Jun 18, 2019

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Taskbar wifi connection strength

Hi,

To isolate the concern regarding the Wi-Fi strength icon, I would also suggest that we may need to update the network drivers of your computer. You may follow the steps provided earlier on this post. If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver.
    Here's how:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Password Strength/Requirements

Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Password Strength/Requirements

1. Password Strength/Requirements - Similar Threads - Password Strength Requirements

2. Primary Password Required

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Primary Password Required: Frustrated. Prior to yesterday, I was able to access my favorites w/saved passwords. As of yesterday, I receive a message "Primary password is required" and "Please authenticate yourself with primary password". Now, within Settings, I cannot change radio button to...
  3. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  5. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  7. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  8. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  9. Log in requires password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  10. Password Always Required ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Always Required ?: Hey guys New to the 10 forum! Great place.. I just got a new system coming from a Win 7 Pro machine to a Win 10 Pro System . Im having an issue with removing the password from 2 spots : When waking up from Sleep & from Screen Saver. When I boot up it doesn't ASK that's all...