Windows 10: Password sync broken after update to 1809

Discus and support Password sync broken after update to 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating to 1809 my machine is syncing but it does not sync all web passwords to credential manager (approx. 50%). I have clean installed and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottCappellani, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Password sync broken after update to 1809

After updating to 1809 my machine is syncing but it does not sync all web passwords to credential manager (approx. 50%). I have clean installed and the problem persists. On another PC running 1803 it still works and on Edge for Android it still syncs all passwords. Any machine I have updated to 1809 does not sync all passwords (2 total). I have moved in and out of local and MSA accounts and the PC will resync but will not fetch all passwords.

I am a bit worried I will loose all my logins as there is about 15years worth stored in my Microsoft account which I cannot export or transfer to another browser/account.

I would appreciate any help to solve this and restore my personal data. Cheers

:)

ScottCappellani, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Password sync broken after update to 1809

Attention Required: Windows Live 2 password is incorrect

Hi PIUPZ,

Thanks for Posting to the Microsoft Answers forums! In addition to the steps Jay provided, one other suggestion I want to call out before resetting your phone is to check if Two Step Verification has been enabled on your Microsoft account.

Under the section Two-step verification, if you see that you are given the option to Set up two-step verification, please enable it the disable it (or leave it enabled if you prefer). If you see a link Turn off two-step verification, you will need to
    create an app password to enter in on your phone:

• Click on Create a new app password under App passwords
    • Enter your app password in the password field
    After reviewing these settings, go back to the phone and manually sync your account (and update your password if necessary). You can sync the account by tapping
    Settings > Email + Accounts then tap and hold your account for the
    Sync option.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Password sync broken after update to 1809

1. Password sync broken after update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Password sync broken

2. Is account sync broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is account sync broken?: I've recently set up three separate devices with three separate Microsoft accounts for myself and two other family members all of which were set to sync account settings and themes on up-to-date Windows installations, none of which did. Is Windows 10 account sync broken? I...
  3. Password not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password not syncing: Is there a way for me to make my computer password sync? Its saying my password is wrong when I try to log in the computer but when I try to log in via web there is no issues and the same pass works just fine but not on my PC If this makes sence...
  4. Password Sync

Password Sync: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  5. After update 1809

After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  6. After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store: After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store. Dell Inspiron 13 5368 Windows Home 1809 I can't install any apps from the Store and the some that I don't want won't uninstall. I need some help here. I did: - run troubleshooter - check...
  7. Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update

Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update: First let me say that I am a Computer Technician by Trade. I understand the technical things and I am willing and able to put in the work to get this FIXED. I have Duel Displays setup. Normally I have my Primary Display on the right with the Secondary Display to the...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1809-notification-area-is-broken/c3d118d4-62c9-471f-b62f-33e8e49369b2
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix....
  10. Creator update password background broken

Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SYNC my settings for passwords NOT working even after verication

2. winquic broken after 1809 update