Windows 10: Password to an older computer

Discus and support Password to an older computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop I would like to use that is about 5 years old, originally used windows 7 but then upgraded to windows 10 two years ago. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rkthomas13, May 16, 2019.

1. Password to an older computer

I have a desktop I would like to use that is about 5 years old, originally used windows 7 but then upgraded to windows 10 two years ago. I have not used it in two years. When I hooked it up, it connected to the internet but needs a password to gain access to the operating system. I think the original microsoft connection was done when I operated under an email using the mris.com network which has gone out of business. The computer says to go to account.live.com and change the password, but it wants to send the new password to the old email address which is now dead. It offers a way to change it but the computer refused my request.

Can anyone suggest a way out of this catch-22? I hate to junk it or erase everything but what else is possible.

:)

Rkthomas13, May 16, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, May 16, 2019
  3. Password of windows 10 changed to older one

Hi Sedorikku,

If you are using a Microsoft account as your sign-in credentials, the changes that you are making on your Microsoft account information will be synced to your Windows 10 device. If you changed the password for your Microsoft account, the changes will also
    be applied to your computer.

Automatically changing the password is one of the limitations of Microsoft account. Here in Microsoft, we value the data and information security of our customer. Because of this, we highly suggest that you reset your account's password. It will be best
    if you'll enable the two-step verification on your account for additional account security. You can use these links as a reference:

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an Answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Darleen Pen, May 16, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Password to an older computer

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Password to an older computer

1. Password to an older computer - Similar Threads - Password older computer

2. Older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older computer: I had a computer strictly for a simple design program that I’ve used for a long time. The requirements were windows 95/98/NT. The computer crashed and a guru we used took it to fix and went out of business. It was on a computer that had windows 7 on it. So I bought another...
  3. Older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older computer: I had a computer strictly for a simple design program that I’ve used for a long time. The requirements were windows 95/98/NT. The computer crashed and a guru we used took it to fix and went out of business. It was on a computer that had windows 7 on it. So I bought another...
  4. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  5. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  6. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  7. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  8. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 on older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on older computer: Hello I bought a new to me desktop off of Amazon to use in working from home. Unfortunately, my system wasn't working properly and I tried to reset it to factory settings and found got a message that this computer has no operating system. I suspect that the seller company...
  10. Older Nook not connecting to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Older Nook not connecting to computer: I have a Nook simple touch that I have not used in a few years. I'm attempting to update the Nook as well as load books on to it for an upcoming trip. I can not get the computer to recognize the Nook, although it has no problems connecting to other devices like my phone or...