Windows 10: Password to log into Computer

Discus and support Password to log into Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to clean one of my laptops to give to my daughter in law and it re-installed Win 10, Ver 1803. I had to set-up the new 3 questions to secure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wobble 12, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Wobble 12 Win User

Password to log into Computer

I had to clean one of my laptops to give to my daughter in law and it re-installed Win 10, Ver 1803. I had to set-up the new 3 questions to secure microsoft protection. When I tried the new password that I had set up with microsoft, it would not work. It asked me for a RESET of the password, but first had to answer the 3 questions, which I had the new answers.

The answers were NO GOOD. What am I to do now? Any Answers will be appreciated. How can I get in to use the internet, for example. I was hoping to give her one of my old laptops tomorrow.

:)

Wobble 12, Nov 22, 2018

2. password to log onto computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with entering the password before log-in to the computer, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 is by design you will have to enter a password to log-in as an Administrator account with Microsoft account. Local accounts can be used without entering any user account credentials.

This feature is being implemented to make more secure with the user profiles.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article about: Help with Microsoft account

Also, Sign in with a Microsoft account

If you are not comfort to enter long letters of password to sign-in, you
    may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using
      PIN
      as your Sign in option.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2018
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Password to log into Computer

Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Password to log into Computer

1. Password to log into Computer - Similar Threads - Password log Computer

2. New app needs password to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New app needs password to log into computer: Hello,I recently installed a VPN app Global Protect and after configuration it I need to type a password everytime i turn on my computer. Before installing i Had a PIN password for my computer and now I have two options of logging in. Can I recieve some help to delete that...
  3. New app needs password to log into computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New app needs password to log into computer: Hello,I recently installed a VPN app Global Protect and after configuration it I need to type a password everytime i turn on my computer. Before installing i Had a PIN password for my computer and now I have two options of logging in. Can I recieve some help to delete that...
  4. Log-in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log-in password: Windows 10 won’t let me sign in to my pc. Used the same password some hour ago but is not working now.It also says that the pin log-in is not available.Tried to reboot the system but asks for the password, which again, says is incorrect and I know is notAnyone has experienced...
  5. Computer has no password but will not let me log in??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer has no password but will not let me log in??: Hi all, I am not very computer savvy and could use some feedback. During a thunderstorm the other night my power went out and rebooted my computer. When I sat down to use it, there is a sign in button to click but when I do, no password area comes up to type in. I click on it...
  6. Logging in with a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logging in with a password: How do I turn this feature off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-in-with-a-password/360671e4-f9f1-4f06-b372-b35eedbab246
  7. Password Log-In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password Log-In: How do I set up my pc so that I don't need a password, No Log-In? When I turn on my PC I want it to turn all the way on. Without a Log In screen, etc. I have one pc that does it. But it was given to me. And I can't get a hold of the previous owner. submitted by...
  8. Log-in & passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log-in & passwords: Hello! And Happy New Year to everyone! My question regards, W10/Edge: If there's one thing guaranteed to make my blood boil it's having to renew all my log-ins and passwords whenever an update happens! Is there anything that I can do in Settings to avoid this? Thanks...
  9. Logging with Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging with Password: Hello there, I write for my wife ( Dell laptop and OS W 10 ) We cannot enter her password, there is no curser, just the arrow. Regards, Thomas 74138
  10. Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10: I recently purchased an HP computer with windows 10 installed. I got onto the looked around and set up email and customized a couple of things before shutting it down. Now when I restart the computer I get taken to a screen asking for my password (it also shows my MS outlook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password to log into computer

2. log in to my computer with password

3. log into computer with with password

4. password log in to my computer,
  5. pasword to log on to my computer