Windows 10: Password Verification Problems

Discus and support Password Verification Problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Ive been asked to verify my identity as Im using sensitive information via a box on the right hand side of the screen. Ive lost the record I had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Marlene Osgood, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Password Verification Problems

Hi

Ive been asked to verify my identity as Im using sensitive information via a box on the right hand side of the screen. Ive lost the record I had of my password and so I asked for a verification code by text and call and neither occurred. Why? It came up that you had a fault at some point. We tried all the passwords we could remember but nothing including your systems work. I have waited well over an hour for verification codes from you and know that Outlook verification codes come to our phone immediately so feel I should not have to wait 30 days when the issue is not my doing.

Ive also tried going into my security information on my Microsoft Account and that hasnt worked and has apparently locked me out.

Please help. I could answer other questions to verify my identification so I can reset the password. I am currently able to use the PIN to log in.

Thanks

:)

Marlene Osgood, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 slow invalid password verification

Hi Neil,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you logging in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Are you able to login to the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to login properly or not.

1. At login page, enter the password.

2. Then after entering the password, click on Eye icon which is present on the right side inside the password box. It will display the password entered.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with slow password verification in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Password Verification Problems

Attention Required: Windows Live 2 password is incorrect

Hi PIUPZ,

Thanks for Posting to the Microsoft Answers forums! In addition to the steps Jay provided, one other suggestion I want to call out before resetting your phone is to check if Two Step Verification has been enabled on your Microsoft account.

Under the section Two-step verification, if you see that you are given the option to Set up two-step verification, please enable it the disable it (or leave it enabled if you prefer). If you see a link Turn off two-step verification, you will need to
    create an app password to enter in on your phone:

• Click on Create a new app password under App passwords
    • Enter your app password in the password field
    After reviewing these settings, go back to the phone and manually sync your account (and update your password if necessary). You can sync the account by tapping
    Settings > Email + Accounts then tap and hold your account for the
    Sync option.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Password Verification Problems

1. Password Verification Problems - Similar Threads - Password Verification Problems

2. Problem with verification email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with verification email: I just swapped some parts into my pc and when I tried to log in I put my main email and password for my account. It then sent me to a “verify your identity” tab with a verification code request for an email I don’t have access to anymore. I then tried to change my security...
  3. Problem with verification email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with verification email: I just swapped some parts into my pc and when I tried to log in I put my main email and password for my account. It then sent me to a “verify your identity” tab with a verification code request for an email I don’t have access to anymore. I then tried to change my security...
  4. Problem with verification email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem in email verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in email verification: Hi, As Microsoft tried to send me a verification code for my Gmail, the code never come, I've tried to add some Microsoft contacts to Google Contacts but it didn't work out, and no, I've double check the Spam, and now I'm unable to verify my account....
  6. Problem in email verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in email verification: Hi, As Microsoft tried to send me a verification code for my Gmail, the code never come, I've tried to add some Microsoft contacts to Google Contacts but it didn't work out, and no, I've double check the Spam, and now I'm unable to verify my account....
  7. Problem in email verification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. OneDrive Verification Screen Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive Verification Screen Problem: Hi... I'm having a problem accessing my personal vault in OneDrive, which began happening a few days ago. When the authentication window pops up after double-clicking the personal vault, it is displayed incorrectly and I can't click on the e-mail or text message icon for...
  9. password verification!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password verification!: PLEASE help me help you STOP ASKING me to verify on this device. I am CONSTANTLY being asked to verify. I do not need security on these accounts. I couldn't care less if someone wants to access my emails. STOP ASKING for verification; especially on this trusted device!! It's...
  10. Password verification problem after reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password verification problem after reset: I had to reset my PC but when I tried to log in, it asked my password. Unfortunately, I forgot it so I requested a verification code. But nothing has happened...