Windows 10: Password when signing out and back in while beind already logged in

Discus and support Password when signing out and back in while beind already logged in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I am on Windows 10 version 1909. does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the password feature when singing out and back in while being... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by birbi, Nov 15, 2020.

1. birbi Win User

Password when signing out and back in while beind already logged in

Hi all,
    I am on Windows 10 version 1909.
    does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the password feature when singing out and back in while being already logged into Windows?
    Let me explain it a bit more - I use only local account and I am the only user.
    I've already removed my login password when I start Windows through 'netplwiz' and Windows Accounts Settings - Sing-in options - Require sign-in to 'Never'.
    But when I sign out (while being already logged into Windows) and I sign in back again I need to enter my password.
    Anyone any idea how to turn this feature off?

Thanks,
    Lu.

:)

birbi, Nov 15, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 15, 2020
  3. OKCarl Win User
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

OKCarl, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Oriana.G Win User

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Password when signing out and back in while beind already logged in - Similar Threads - Password signing while

2. Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep: Hello,My hp Spectre laptop running Windows 10 has started to log me off / sign me out when it sleeps, meaning that I lose all open windows and documents. How can I fix this?Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep: Hello,My hp Spectre laptop running Windows 10 has started to log me off / sign me out when it sleeps, meaning that I lose all open windows and documents. How can I fix this?Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Sign-in to Windows without password/pin while logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in to Windows without password/pin while logged in: While I logged in with my MS account on computer to sync blabla, it always requires me to enter password/pin when starting computer. Currently I solve this problem by using local account.Is there a way to Log into computer without typing password, and also can select...
  6. Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In: Windows 10 Home, version 1909 Not computer savvy.. Filled in what I could find under my profile system specs.. Computer keeps taking me back to log in window after one minute of not being active.. So far I have: Clicked on Screen timeout settings and set the time limit...
  7. Password when logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password when logging in: I have tried all of the options that I can find on the internet, to try to eliminate the need for a password or pin number when logging on. None of them seem to work. I have followed written instructions and I have watched videos but just cannot get the result I require....
  8. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black sceen when signing out/logging off: Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues. Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut down my PC from power button on desk top tower and reboot. Not very computer savvy so no real idea of what the issue is and how...
  9. Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.: Good morning, I'm wondering if anyone in the community is able to help with this very peculiar bug we are experiencing. We're running an environment with around 200 computers, mostly the same Oltiplex 3010 setup but some different ones too. In the last 3 weeks, we've...
  10. How to sign/log out

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign/log out: Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a...