Windows 10: Password will not work on my laptop.

Discus and support Password will not work on my laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The pin doesn't work, all my passwords will not work. These happen after your last security update. Now I am complete unable to open my laptop. Now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillKulick, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Password will not work on my laptop.

The pin doesn't work, all my passwords will not work. These happen after your last security update.

Now I am complete unable to open my laptop. Now what?

:)

BillKulick, Jan 19, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Password will not work on my laptop.

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Password will not work on my laptop.

1. Password will not work on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Password laptop

2. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  3. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  4. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...: Mentioned above is my current predicament. I can't access my laptop because of the black screen, and when on advanced recovery when I try to recover my laptop, my passwords for my accounts do not work. When I click the I have forgotten my password, it only says to login on...
  5. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...: Mentioned above is my current predicament. I can't access my laptop because of the black screen, and when on advanced recovery when I try to recover my laptop, my passwords for my accounts do not work. When I click the I have forgotten my password, it only says to login on...
  6. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...: There this laptop like from 2017 maybe I have sitting in my room and my sister needs to use a laptop so I plan on giving her it but problem is I don’t know the password to it and it dosnt have enough space to factory reset it what do I do?...
  8. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...: There this laptop like from 2017 maybe I have sitting in my room and my sister needs to use a laptop so I plan on giving her it but problem is I don’t know the password to it and it dosnt have enough space to factory reset it what do I do?...
  9. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...