Windows 10: Password without going on sleep mode ?

Discus and support Password without going on sleep mode ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hii i want to know if it is possible to require the password without going on sleep mode because i need to live my laptop downloading a file and keep... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mohammedbekraoui, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Password without going on sleep mode ?

Hii

i want to know if it is possible to require the password without going on sleep mode because i need to live my laptop downloading a file and keep it safe so no one will use it behind my back

:)

mohammedbekraoui, Nov 24, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 24, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Password without going on sleep mode ?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Password without going on sleep mode ?

1. Password without going on sleep mode ? - Similar Threads - Password without going

2. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option for the power button to turn off the display without going to sleep. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot....
  3. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...
  4. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...
  5. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  6. How to keep a monitor with speakers without going to sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep a monitor with speakers without going to sleep mode?: Hi everybody! I have a Predator x34p monitor (great monitor BTW) and this model comes with speakers, the thing is that every time I use the monitor speakers to listen to music (mostly Spotify) the monitor goes to sleep mode and of course the sound stops and it's annoying. Is...
  7. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  8. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...