Windows 10: Password won't work after entering safe mode

Discus and support Password won't work after entering safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Password won't work after entering safe mode Went into msconfig and changed to reboot in safe mode. Restarted. Now it asks me for my password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RachelBaston, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Password won't work after entering safe mode

Password won't work after entering safe mode

Went into msconfig and changed to reboot in safe mode.

Restarted.

Now it asks me for my password and it doesn't work.

I have tried my pin , and old password too.

I have reset my password to make a new one too, which also does not work.

There seems to be no network connection also .... is this why my loggin attempt have not been working?

How can I connect to my WIFI, if I cannot log onto my laptop to do so?

I have even tried restoring computer and that of course needs a password.

Thank you.

Rachel

:)

RachelBaston, Jan 9, 2021

2. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Password won't work after entering safe mode

Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Password won't work after entering safe mode

1. Password won't work after entering safe mode - Similar Threads - Password won't entering

2. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  3. Password no longer working after entering safe mode and network

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password no longer working after entering safe mode and network: So I was following a tutorial to see how I can eject my tablet safely. I reached a part where it told me to go to msconfig, go to the boot tab and check off safe mode and network under it. When I wanted to apply these changes it told me that I would need the bitlocker...
  4. Password didn't appear even after I entered the safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password didn't appear even after I entered the safe mode: Guys please help me. I updated my widows 10 laptop and this is what happened. My laptop was already done in update and it needs to restart, when the entering of password, password box didn't appear and only "sign in" button present there but if i press sign in button, it cant...
  5. Help, locked out of Windows , safe mode password won't work. Want to re-enter Normal Mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, locked out of Windows , safe mode password won't work. Want to re-enter Normal Mode.: This going to be quite long , please bear with me. I have an ASUS ROG G752, I decided to upgrade my SSD to 2TB. So a technical service cloned my SSD and since i had 2 slots , they also left the old drive Everything went well but I saw my performance of new SSD was not as...
  6. Safe Mode Password Not Working

Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  7. safe mode won't accept password

safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in: Dell PC - keyboard has stopped working to enter password. I must enter the password using On Screen Keyboard. Once the password is entered and I am logged on, the keyboard works normally. Does anyone know how this can be corrected? Thanks!...
  9. Password not working after entering safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not working after entering safe mode: I am not able to login. I am stucked in safe mode. I try to off safe mode from cmd but it says operation failed. Please provide me a solution ....
  10. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...