Windows 10: Password won't work after quality update

Discus and support Password won't work after quality update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/j_tatz, Sep 13, 2020.

1. /u/j_tatz Win User

Password won't work after quality update

So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When attempting to login after the update my password was registering as incorrect. (This is just a local account pw, not for my overall ms account).

I know my password hasn't changed and should work because when I go into the system restore screen and it asks me for my account pw it works fine. So I uninstalled the update and my password worked again. I tried the update again thinking the issue might've been a one off thing but, low and behold, same exact issue.

I've tried to do some trouble shooting on this issue and it seems fairly common but it's incredibly difficult to find a solid solution.

I've tried booting in safe mode and I've tried using the on screen keyboard with no success.

Luckily I can simply ignore the update prompt when shutting down but I would like to be able to continue to update my PC. Does anyone have any advice for me here? Thanks much.

submitted by /u/j_tatz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/j_tatz, Sep 13, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Password won't work after quality update

google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Password won't work after quality update

1. Password won't work after quality update - Similar Threads - Password won't quality

2. Quality update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quality update not working: Quality update not working in my machine. Error always come 0x8024A005. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-not-working/8e5aff39-0aed-4253-b6f9-a69acf8ce8cd
  3. Quality update not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quality update not working: Quality update not working in my machine. Error always come 0x8024A005. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-not-working/8e5aff39-0aed-4253-b6f9-a69acf8ce8cd
  4. Quality update not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  6. Password won't work after Windows Update

Password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  7. Password not working after installing latest quality update

Password not working after installing latest quality update: 4 days I installed the latest quality update and when my computer restarted and i went to log in my password to my account was not working. I know I wasn't hacked because the password worked when it was required to get to the system restore page. The solution I used was to...
  8. Password won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated & now I can't login to computer. I tried changing password & have done that twice. I'm now locked out. Anhy help would be appreciated...
  9. Password won't work

Password won't work: Password will not work at intial login or safe mode. I logged in successful on my other computer. It is not a pin I've tried safe mode 4, 5, & 6 I've tried using on screen keyboard I cant get to prompt screen because it won't take pswrd. Please help me. Thank you...
  10. Password won't work.

Password won't work.: Hi, Yesterday I got a second hand Laptop, I had signed into my account and got everything I had on my old laptop onto my newer one. I switched my computer off for awhile this morning. But I couldn't log back in, I changed my password and tried logging in again but it...