Windows 10: Password won't work after Windows Update

Discus and support Password won't work after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jsdmwilliams, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Password won't work after Windows Update

After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative approval, I can enter my admin password and Windows accepts it. It's just a problem at login. I even changed my password in Control Panel, and it's clear that the login screen registers this because the "password hint" updated to my new hint, but the updated pw gets rejected. I've tried restarting several times, restarting in Safe Mode, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. - Jeff

:)

jsdmwilliams, Oct 17, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Oct 17, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Password won't work after Windows Update

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Password won't work after Windows Update

1. Password won't work after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Password won't Update

2. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  3. Password won't work after quality update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password won't work after quality update: So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When attempting to login after the update my password was registering as incorrect. (This is just a local account pw, not for my...
  4. Password won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated & now I can't login to computer. I tried changing password & have done that twice. I'm now locked out. Anhy help would be appreciated...
  5. Windows Password won't update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Password won't update: Hi folks, When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been doing it through "Forgot my Password" on the page requesting a password when I boot up the PC. The old password continues to work...
  6. Password won't work

Password won't work: Password will not work at intial login or safe mode. I logged in successful on my other computer. It is not a pin I've tried safe mode 4, 5, & 6 I've tried using on screen keyboard I cant get to prompt screen because it won't take pswrd. Please help me. Thank you...
  7. Password will not work after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password will not work after windows update: I got back home from vacation and my pc pc finis updateing and when i go to put in my pin it tells me im wrong so i try my password and onve again it told me im wrong. So i try a few more times and it fails to work. So i change my password and try it and it still doesnt work....
  8. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  9. Password won't work.

Password won't work.: Hi, Yesterday I got a second hand Laptop, I had signed into my account and got everything I had on my old laptop onto my newer one. I switched my computer off for awhile this morning. But I couldn't log back in, I changed my password and tried logging in again but it...
  10. Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in: Dell PC - keyboard has stopped working to enter password. I must enter the password using On Screen Keyboard. Once the password is entered and I am logged on, the keyboard works normally. Does anyone know how this can be corrected? Thanks!...