Windows 10: password??

Discus and support password?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; background: I had a work account associated with main admin account. Yesterday I tried to login to my laptop with admin password, but I was being... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TrustedKhan44, Nov 5, 2018.

1. password??

background:

I had a work account associated with main admin account.

Yesterday I tried to login to my laptop with admin password, but I was being prompted to use a different password (something about being offline and logging in with the last something, something something).

I was stumped. Eventually I tried a common password I use and voila I was in. This also happens to be the password for work account.

When now in my computer it was asking me to update work profile account. Not even sure when I added it. At any rate I deleted my associated work account.

Today I log in, and I have same issue. Admin password isn't working. I use my standard default password and voila I am in again.

I'm not sure how my laptop and Microsoft Account (I had to use the standard default password to sign in and create this post) has reverted to this password. I have never been prompted to change it. I've successfully logged in with original admin password for years until two days ago.

My question - What's up with this?

:)

TrustedKhan44, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 6, 2018
  4. password??

OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

password??

1. password?? - Similar Threads - password

2. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  3. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  4. passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  5. passwords

passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  6. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  7. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  8. I am unable to receive my verification code when I clicked on forgot password, I need to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to receive my verification code when I clicked on forgot password, I need to...: I was unable to get my verification code on my email so I can change a password I forgot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-receive-my-verification-code-when-i/0b79e744-2195-4ac0-94d2-dd894cc7fc4c
  9. I am unable to receive my verification code when I clicked on forgot password, I need to...

I am unable to receive my verification code when I clicked on forgot password, I need to...: I was unable to get my verification code on my email so I can change a password I forgot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-receive-my-verification-code-when-i/0b79e744-2195-4ac0-94d2-dd894cc7fc4c
  10. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization